MLimburg
I need a community focused Article Module!
  • 2004/3/7 3:50

• MLimburg

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/8 2

Howdy,

Okay, rant time :)

I've downloaded the current batch of article/content modules, and they're all pretty good .. some better than others, some more powerful, some elegantly simpler. But, here's my problem. None of them do what I actually need.

My Needs List (in order of importantce) :

* A real category/subcategory system; XFSections seems to be the best option here.

* The ability for authors at attach and embed images. A needed extra to this would be the ability to control where and how the image sits; ie: floating right, centered, etc.

* The ability to see what Articles you've written, what are outstanding to be approved, the ability to edit, etc. An article control panel if you will.

* Keywords!

* Seperating the 'Submitted by:' and 'Writteb by:' with the aim of 'Submitted by' value being linked directly to user ID, and the 'Written by' being the User Name (by default) with the option of having an external Author's name. Things like email address and website of the original author can be handled in the article itself.

* Multipage

* Ability for a print friendly page, although a good CSS file can take care of that.

* Workflow .. user saves article for future editing .. user submits to approval .. approver can approve or deny .. if denied, original author STILL has the content available to them, as they can alter and re-submit ..

These are pretty much required for a real community based article system, and its heart-wrenching to see many come so close, but fall short.

PLEASE NOTE: This is not intended to be a harsh critisim. The modules around the place are great, it's just that I can see so much more being possible, and of being a great benefit to the XOOPS community.

If any authors are willing, I'd be more than happy help code these things .. Please contact me for any help I can provide.

Login

Who's Online

177 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 177

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits