BradM
2.0.6 / cannot register new user
  • 2004/3/6 21:06

• BradM

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/14

I recently upgraded to v2.0.6 (from 2.0.5) and cannot register any new users.

As I had also decided to uninstall the IPB module, I did that first, then uploaded the full 2.0.6 archive overtop of my existing installation. I then updated the system module.

However when a user tries to register, there is an error message stating "Username is too short. It must be more than 'x' characters." No matter what I change the minimum username value to, it still says it's too short (even though the names I'm trying are not).

I'm trying to hunt down where the problem lies, so if this rings a bell for anyone please let me know! :)

Brad

sudhaker
Re: 2.0.6 / cannot register new user
  • 2004/3/6 22:06

• sudhaker

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/2/6 2

Make the debug_mode = php, and see the debug output for more clues. Most of the time this trick helps to narrow down the problem.

Best of luck.

BradM
  • 2004/3/6 22:31

• BradM

• Just popping in

Thanks, I should have had that switched on in the first place!

It turns out I had forgotten to replace the header.php file during the upgrade (I had customized it which ended up affecting the registration page).

Brad

BradM
  • 2004/3/6 22:47

• BradM

• Just popping in

argh, spoke to soon. It now completes the registration, without any error messages. However, no validation email is sent, and no user data is inserted into the xoops_users table, awaiting validation.

When I uninstalled the IPB module, it didn't revert the xoops_users table back to its original state. So I manually went in and removed all the excess table rows which the IPB module added, and in comparing the result to the XOOPS installation db structure (found in the mysql.data.sql file), they look to be the same.

Is there some way I can run an sql command to completely remove xoops_users, then re-add it to the db, then re-insert the admin account info? This is currently a test site so the only account is for the admin.

Brad

BradM
  • 2004/3/6 22:53

• BradM

• Just popping in

*smacks forehead* okay I'm an idiot. When I was adding the test accounts, I never pressed the "finish" button --- it's been so long since I registered an account that when I saw the data displayed above the 'finish' button, I figured the registration process was complete.

Brad

sudhaker
  • 2004/3/6 23:09

• sudhaker

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/2/6 2

Good work

Login

Who's Online

223 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 223

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits