chippyash
Forum admin pages redirect to Google!!

This is a weird one and I can't find anything else in forums so posting it here.

Newly installed XOOPS on a site (done it before on other sites, no problem), and am about setting up etc. When I go into forum admin pages and hit submit buttons (as in 'Create a new forum') browser is redirected to Google and the url input box reads "keyword:modules"

This happens in all forum admin pages but not in any other admin pages. I have reloaded NewBB module directory from source but no joy there either.

Bizarre but true

Any help obviously appreciated

Kind Regards
Ashley

carnuke
Re: Forum admin pages redirect to Google!!
  • 2004/3/6 7:21

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Hi Ashley,

Strange but true? This sounds like genuine XOOPS x-file. May I suggest this is a browser problem not xoops. I am not aware that there is anything in the XOOPS code that relates to google. Perhas you could post the exact url that shows when you go to google? Is is always the same url? Are you using any redirects on your server?

chippyash

Hi

The url I use to go to google is 'http://www.google.co.uk/'

What shows when admin page redirects is as above.

I've tried from a windows IE6 browser (my normal one iz Linux Mozilla) and it gets redirected to www.bestoftheweb.com error page!! when you hit a submit button.

I've cleared down my proxy server cache and the browser history cache on the local machine.

I've checked the file and directory permissions and /modules/newbb is drwxr-xr-x and all php scripts are -rw-r--r--

If there is anything else I can check I'd be happy to do so.

Regards
Ashley

davidl2
  • 2004/3/6 10:50

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

This sounds like its one of those stupid search engine hijacking things at work. (Although I may be wrong!)

Search and try running Spybot S&D - and see if it finds anything suspicious on your machine.

chippyash
  • 2004/3/6 15:33

• chippyash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/1/29

I can only find Spybot S&D for windows. Does anyone know if there is a similar prog for linux machines?

Regards
Ashley

chippyash
Re: Forum admin pages redirect to Google!! Fixed it
  • 2004/3/6 21:09

• chippyash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/1/29

Happened to notice that my url for site contained double slash after domain name (e.g. www.mysite.com//) in my browser. Looked in mainfile.php and XOOPS_URL define had slash after name. Removed this and now forum admin works.

Why it diverted to google remains a mystery, and why it only effected forum admin I haven't a clue.

Anyway it might help someone else to know this.

Kind Regards
Ashley

Login

Who's Online

122 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 122

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits