bennie
is there a way to link a style sheet to a user group, and another style sheet to another group?
  • 2004/2/26 14:36

• bennie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/3 1

Hey all,

i´m trying to build a XOOPS site where the anonymous users get a difrent layout than the regestered users. so, i´m thinking. do you have to link the style sheet to the group permissions some how, and if this is so what´s the best way to do this. help will be apreciated very much.

thanks Ben

regen_r8
Re: is there a way to link a style sheet to a user group, and another style sheet to another group?
  • 2004/3/3 15:30

• regen_r8

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/5/23

Bennie,

The XOOPS core does not directly support the notion of different style-sheets for different groups of users.

You could probably build this into a theme that linked in different styles depending on whether the user was registered or not.

What you said that indicated to me that this was not what you wanted is that you want to change the layout. The defined mechanism in XOOPS for dynamically changing the layout based on the user is group permissions.

Xoops allows you to assign permissions to the anonymous group with regard to modules and blocks that differ from the registered group so that the content and layout appear to change depending on which group you are in.

Example, I have built sites that reserve the right block for administrator and moderator information, so anonymous and registered users have very simple, clean looking pages. I also remove access to blocks that are more member oriented (top posters, new members, etc.) from the anonymous group.

Because XOOPS layout is dynamic, based on which blocks are assigned to which screen region (left, leftcenter, right center, center, right) then you can control where blocks appear and which ones appear for which user groups.

If you wanted content to appear in different positions based on who the user was, then you would require a hack, like cloning blocks and having one clone assigned to one user group in one region, and the other clone to a different user group in a different region.

Hope this explanation helps...

bennie
Re: is there a way to link a style sheet to a user group, and another style sheet to another group?
  • 2004/3/3 19:22

• bennie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/3 1

regen_r8,

thanks for the effort you have been putting in to it, however this is not quit what i mean. so lets try to define this. lets say you have 3 groups, guest, students and teachers.

now, when you enter you are guest. in the left colum you have a few blocks with thing for guests, basic info and stuff. and everything has a guest background color say, green.
now you log in as a student and ofcourse the left colum changes allong with the group permissions but and here's the thing i also whant to change the background to Red. same thing with teachers but i whant it to be blue.

i think this chould clear up a thing or two.
i like to thank you very much for the efford you made so far, thanks Bennie

Login

Who's Online

250 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 250

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits