amok200
Changing module directory names ?
  • 2004/3/1 8:58

• amok200

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/23

Hi,

If I choose to change a standard core module directory name from say, news to latest or whatever (I guess I will have to re-install the module, which is OK since Im just starting out my site) will this be an issue when I want to upgrade to the next release of XOOPS ? Since I presume the upgrade script will look for certain directories for the core modules ...

Or will it be only a problem for non-core modules like xfsection etc ?

Thanks,

amok

Dave_L
Re: Changing module directory names ?
  • 2004/3/1 11:50

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

I'm not 100% sure, but if a module is coded properly, I don't think changing the name of its directory will cause any problems. I would first uninstall the module if it's installed. You might need to clear the cache and templates_c directories.

Of course, when you update to a new version, you'd have to extract the new files for that module to the right place.

But why do you want to do that? You can change the visible name of the module in Admin >> Modules.

Brad
  • 2004/3/4 5:03

• Brad

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/12/4

AFAIK, if you change the name of a module's directory, you also have to go into that module's xoops_version.php file and alter the $modversion['dirname'] line to reflect the change. They have to be set exactly the same.

i.e.

.\modules\newdirname

[xoops_version.php]
$modversion['dirname'] = 'newdirname';

As Dave said though, if all you want to change is the way it's displayed on the menu, you can just alter the name through the admin modules screen.

amok200
  • 2004/3/4 14:34

• amok200

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/23

Thanks Dave & Brad, it was changing the actual directory name I was thinking of.

Thanks for clearing it up for me.
amok

Login

Who's Online

874 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 874

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits