thebigkk
A few Questions Re Agenda X 2.0
  • 2004/2/29 10:18

• thebigkk

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/10/27

A few Questions Re Agenda X 2.0
G'day wjue, and others. Thanks for a great module. I have been especially looking foreward to the recurring dates option.

On a different note, I'm having the same problem as others of events not showing. I'm using 2.0final.

when trying to submit an event I get the thankyou for you submission page, but then nothing shows.

I also wish to remove the image from the minical. Any ideas on how to do this? Is there a checkbox yes/no box to disable graphics?

Also date format is incorrect for Australia. I would like to format the date to dd/mm/yyyy. Any ideas on this as well. I did see somwhere that there was going to be support for timezones, though i cant find this option anywhere.

Also I do not wish to have madatory fields in the add event form. How can I turn this off. I found some options in config.inc, and changed them, however, it did not make any difference. I selected the display url etc, and set them to 0. This did not work. Any suggestions??

Thanks for any assistance ladies and gentlemen.

Cheers

Shelia
Re: A few Questions Re Agenda X 2.0
  • 2004/2/29 19:50

• Shelia

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/6/22

None of my events are showing and pending events do not appear for approval. I've read several posts regarding the same issue but the new index.php file or turning global on/off does fix the problem

Why does the admin need to have approval for pending events?

svaha
  • 2004/2/29 20:50

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/8/2 2

I have no prob submitting events, when I am logged in as admin it displays a "waiting for approval message" but the event is automatically approved, so can't help you on this on.

#image. Have you tried to blank the field you get when you push the 'minical image' button?

DonXoop

My experience is that the text sanitizer can get in the way. I've forgotten what characters had prevented me from submitting but if you try a simple abc test and it works it might be the sanitizer.

I think you might be able to spec "/images/dummy.gif" as the image to get rid of the image. I did that and used gallery's random image block above the minical instead.

And I'd highly highly suggest you have register_globals Off for agenda-x. Being On is what allowed an exploit to work before it was fixed recently. Who knows what else might lurk in the new and improved version. No need taking chances.

thebigkk
  • 2004/3/1 7:48

• thebigkk

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/10/27

G'day All. I have had a little succes, i think. I completely removed the old ver (1.2, and deleted the tables from the database, then installed v 2.0 final.

To remove the graphic from the minical, I remarked out line 81 of the minical.inc.php file. This completely removed the image from the calendar when displayed.

//echo "</td></tr><tr><td align=\"center\">$mini_imageUrl</td></tr><tr><td align=\"center\" bgcolor=\"$mini_bgcolor\">";

I am still having heaps of problems with the date format. I want it to be displayed as dd/mm/yy or yyyy. Not had much luck in this area yet.

As to the mandatory fields that need to be completed in adding an event, the only 2 that I wanted MANDATORY were the title, and date. So I remarked out lines 64, 65, and 66 of the addevent.inc.php file as shown below.

//elseif (empty($description)) { $output_str .= _("Please give a description")."<br />".back(); }
//elseif (empty($contact)) { $output_str .= _("Please provide a contact person")."<br />".back(); }
//elseif (($email_should_be_validated==1)&&(validate_email($email)!='valid')) { $output_str .= _("Please provide a valid email address")."<br />".back(); }

Now if someone could please help me with the dates, I'd be a happy man. The dates that ar4e of concern are the ones already shown in the addevent form, and the edit section.

Also, clicking on the date helper (picker?) beside the date section fails to bring up the js calendar, even though jave works on my machine (as far as I know).

Hope that helps some,

Cheers

Login

Who's Online

123 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 123

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits