Ozyroy
Still running 1.3.10 and still need answers
  • 2004/2/26 3:39

• Ozyroy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/8/9 1

I've been a member and XOOPS user for yonks. I still run 1.3.10 until I get the time to upgrade all my XOOPS sites and support has been great to date. If this is in the wrong thread then guys please move it but I have been trying to get a solution to an issue I raised here over a year ago concerning the UserPoints module and how it can be adapted to do just a tad more.

I want to be able to add or subtract Bonus points. This should only entail adding another column to the DB but I will also need some kind of interface in Admin to add or subtract points.

I then want the Total points for each UID/Uname to appear in the 'Menu for Uname' block after the user logs in.

Everyone I ask says it's an easy job but I can assure you. when you know Jack about the code it becmes a nightmare

I don't know enough about php/MySQL to effect these changes myself so need your help.

Ozyroy
Re: Still running 1.3.10 and still need answers
  • 2004/2/27 3:38

• Ozyroy

• Just popping in

Anyone got any ideas

Chado
  • 2004/2/27 8:48

• Chado

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/6/6 7

Sorry Ozyroy! I suspect there are fewer and fewer people actually using 1.3... so it might be tough to get answers for this especially as it requires hacking something that most of us aren't even using. I hope someone out there can help you, but....

You might want to upgrade though for security and improved quality, modules, etc....

Ozyroy
  • 2004/2/27 9:05

• Ozyroy

• Just popping in

Thanks for the response Chado ... appreciated

My old mate CatzWolf told me the same months ago but it;s the time factor mate. Just don't have the time and totally wrapt with 1.3 once one gets around the mail and other security issues as well as can be.

I was going to offer payment until I read the threads of recent times but it looks like I will have to hit the books as I can't see V2 solving my problem after a quick read

Thanks again mate *chucks Chado an Ozy beer*

Login

Who's Online

170 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 170

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits