doiz18
Could not post
  • 2004/2/22 1:52

• doiz18

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/17

One of my users says that she can't post, edit her profile, add her avatar, send pm's or leave comments. Cookies are enabled and all that, it just won't let her for some reason.

The only error it gave her when posting in the forum was "Could not add post to forum" and that was it. When she tried to post at comments in the updates it said "Errors: none" and that was it. When adding avatars, it just goes back to the profile again without saying anything.

I'm able to post fine without a problem though. But it seems like most of my users can't post anything, since the forum has been dead for the past few days, and the forum is usually swamped with users.

I just installed XOOPS 2.0.6 recently, used the IPB 1.3 to XOOPS User Migration Tool, converted my IPB to phpBB, then converted phpBB to newBB. Everything seems to be working fine for me and *some* users. Can it have something to do with the settings or something? Or maybe it's due to all the script converting?

Does anyone know what the problem might be? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

irmtfan
Re: Could not post
  • 2004/2/22 2:18

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

is it this error exactly:
Quote:
Could not insert forum post

using norton firewall make this error

go here for more info

charpres
  • 2004/2/24 18:20

• charpres

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/9/4 2

Funny thing, I haven't upgraded from 2.0.5 yet I am getting more and more people who complain that they can register, but not post on the forums.

One today swears she does not have Norton or any other firewalls and that cookies are enabled. I just can't figure it out. For every 10 registrations, about one is having this sort of problem. This seem to be a fairly recent thing.

Maracas
  • 2004/2/24 22:12

• Maracas

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/18

I don't know if this helps or not, but I have noticed that once in a while a checkbox or two becomes mysteriously unchecked in the Groups area. I know they were checked before but then suddenly aren't. It happened in 2.0.5 and happened again just as I upgraded to 2.0.6, but hasn't happened since the upgrade.

You might check the groups area. I have found that to be a source of a few of my problems, mostly in 2.0.5, though.

wcrwcr
  • 2004/2/24 22:39

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

And, maybe a silly question, but..........
Did you check the file permissions?
Any possibility of changing them with the update?

Sorry if sounds stupid

spiff
  • 2004/3/11 17:04

• spiff

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/16

The problems your users are facing are likely due to an improperly-set firewall blocking the HTTP_REFERER.
Just posted on the same issue here, to try and come to a better error message.
Eric

Login

Who's Online

374 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 374

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits