dp1964
Very Interesting Indeed
  • 2004/2/24 15:43

• dp1964

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/15

Some time ago I posted a problem during installation "Warning: Cannot modify header information.." During the search through this site I found only one link which did not help me much. I tried several other searches here. Then I did a search on Google with "Xoops cannot modify header information". I was so happy with nearly 1000 results matching my query. When I clicked on those results, to my surprise nearly 90% of those results are actual errors in the webpages. This simply means that a number of working sites on XOOPS is giving this error. I am surprised and shocked. Try the search for yourself. What's your take?

hsalazar
Re: Very Interesting Indeed
  • 2004/2/24 16:18

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

dp1964:

Have you checked your PHP files to make sure they don't have extra lines after the closing tag (?>). This is a common reason.

Cheers.

dp1964
  • 2004/2/24 17:20

• dp1964

• Just popping in

Thanks hsalazar! I just found out my host provider has IIS 5. I will do some checking and will get back here if the problem is solved. Appreciation for your reply.

Mithrandir

A search for "Cannot modify header" gives 675 thousand results.

Should I be shocked about that, too? I think you are overreacting a bit regarding this - and it may not be your intention, but it sounds like you belive it is a very big problem, which hasn't got the attention it should have. I can only reply that if this was a big problem, many people would have posted here about it.

dp1964
  • 2004/2/25 7:15

• dp1964

• Just popping in

Deep Respects Mithrandir!

My surprise was not the number of results displayed for "cannot modify error". It is rather for when I click those results most of them show actual live errors. It simply means that many current sites have this problem. I hope you understand my surprise and of course shock. It will rather give me much pleasure to see XOOPS working smoothly.

I have now deleted all the files and in the process of reinstalling 2.0.6 with IIS 5. Right now into some sql maximum execution time exceeded" stuff. Will try to work it out.

with warm wishes,
David

Login

Who's Online

161 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 161

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits