marcdg
Multiple Modules in start page
  • 2004/2/23 15:06

• marcdg

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/5 9

In the preferences / general settings screen you can set a module to be shown on the site start page, but how can I get to show multiple modules on the start page?

I now have the news module on the start page and what I want is the "online resources" module at the top and the "news" module below that.

Look at my developments at:
http://www.virtual-communities.com

DonXoop
Re: Multiple Modules in start page

Can a block do the same thing for you? If you add a block to the page you can get almost the same thing. I don't know about your needs but I can usually configure a block or make a clone of a block that can be configured a specific way.

hsalazar
Re: Multiple Modules in start page
  • 2004/2/23 16:20

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

marcdg:

As far as I know, you can only have one start module. If you think of XOOPS as a mega-store, you can think of the start page as the premium area just after the entrance: you can not put two departments there: just one (obviously, you'll put the one that generates por earnings for you).

What you CAN do is to set up small "views" into your other departments. They're not the actual department, but a glimpse of what's there. As DonXoop said, this is exactly what you do with blocks.

In your particular case, my suggestion would be:

1) Set your "online resources" module as the start page.

2) Make sure that in the theme applied to your site you have the center-center block below the content block.

3) Hack the latest news block to include the first paragraph of text.

4) Define your latest news block to be in the center-center position.

Cheers.

Login

Who's Online

916 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 916

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits