Kasch
Errors in MyAds
  • 2004/2/18 15:58

• Kasch

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/9 2

I am in a desperate need of a classifieds module for my XOOPS-2.0.6RC. I can not get xClassfieds to work at all. I have now installed MyAds 2.0 and it almost seems to work. Except for this line showing up at the end of the webpage:

Notice [PHP]: Constant _CLA_CAT2 already defined in file modules/myAds/language/english/main.php line 76

Then, when adding a classified, these errors occurs:

Errors Returned While Uploading
Failed opening directory with write permission: /home/dreng/public_html/sormland/modules/myAds/images_ann/
Om sidan inte laddas om automatiskt, klicka här
Notice [PHP]: Constant _CLA_CAT2 already defined in file modules/myAds/language/english/main.php line 76
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: price in file modules/myAds/addannonces.php line 245
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: typeprix in file modules/myAds/addannonces.php line 245
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: title in file modules/myAds/addannonces.php line 206

The ad will be published but it seemd impossible to add an image to it.

Please - help?

Thanks!

El_Jordo
Re: Errors in MyAds
  • 2004/2/19 15:27

• El_Jordo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/23

I'm not getting all those PHP errors, but I'm having similar trouble posting any ads. My problem is that after submitting an ad, it says "You can add an advertisement after navigating to the categories." But I already did that!

I think the module needs a little bit of a makeover before it's ready for the masses.

DobePhat
  • 2004/2/19 16:11

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/15

Kasch---

Im not having such problems....
go through the group permissions...
More importantly, remember
(from installation file)

Quote:

IMPORTANT!!!
- modify rights for /images_ann/ to CHMOD 777
- modify rights for config.php and /cache/ to CHMOD 666
*/

And BTW, NOTICES aren't really ERRORS...so you should be cool after checking permissions......Make sure you go into each directory sub folder as well.....

Hope that helps...

Kasch
  • 2004/2/20 13:38

• Kasch

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks DobePhat! I switched version to the latest MyAds_v2.04_jp and that one was OK after changing the permissions. Notice that I had to set the cache and config-file to 777 as well to get it running correctly.

The only problem now is the configuration of MyAds in the admin pages (it will not update even though I set the permissions in the config-file to 777). For the time being I solve this by updating the config-file manually.

El_Jordo
  • 2004/2/20 13:46

• El_Jordo

• Just popping in

Quote:
The only problem now is the configuration of MyAds in the admin pages (it will not update even though I set the permissions in the config-file to 777). For the time being I solve this by updating the config-file manually.

You might try fixing that by going to Admin > System > Modules and clicking the "Update" button for MyAds. Sometimes that fixes things like that for me.

Kasch
  • 2004/2/20 15:01

• Kasch

• Not too shy to talk

Great - it works!

Now the only problem left is this line at the bottom of the webpage: Notice [PHP]: Constant _CLA_CAT2 already defined in file modules/myAds/language/swedish/main.php line 73

It does'nt seem to matter for the functions of MyAds, but from a esthetical point of view it is irritating.

El_Jordo
  • 2004/2/21 16:47

• El_Jordo

• Just popping in

Hmm... I just downloaded the Japanese version, and it's certainly much better than the French as far as translations go. The included English files are very good.

However, when I try to add an advertisement after navigating to a category, I still can't get it to validate it. I get a page that looks like this:

Quote:
Quote:
_CLA_ADDANNONCE
If the page does not automatically reload, please click here

Notice [PHP]: Constant _cla_cat2 already defined in file modules/myAds/language/english/main.php line 73
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: cid in file modules/myAds/addannonces.php line 274
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _CLA_ADDANNONCE - assumed '_CLA_ADDANNONCE' in file modules/myAds/addannonces.php line 26

The undefined 'cid' seems like it would mess up ad validation, since the first thing it checks is the cid. Any way to fix this?

El_Jordo
  • 2004/5/4 21:50

• El_Jordo

• Just popping in

Is anybody else having this problem, and has anybody found a way to fix it?

albania
  • 2004/6/11 14:17

• albania

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/5 1

did you solved the problem?
i have the same

One question more
Can coegzist MyAds with Job listingsQuote:

El_Jordo wrote:

albania
  • 2004/6/11 14:18

• albania

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/5 1

did you solved the problem?
i have the same

One question more
Can coegzist MyAds with Job listingsQuote:

El_Jordo wrote:

Login

Who's Online

186 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 186

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits