cyberik
some articles in the forum disappear, yet kept intact in my sql database
  • 2004/2/18 22:12

• cyberik

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/21

my site has been running for months without any problems. yet i found recently that some of the articles in some discussion boards in the newbb forum simply disappear. i checked my sql database, and can see those articles (including topic and content) still exist. i tried to flush my data (including post and post text), yet articles still cannot show in the forum. sincerely hope someone well read in XOOPS can help me. sincerely thank you for your kind help in advance.

m0nty
Re: some articles in the forum disappear, yet kept intact in my sql database
  • 2004/2/18 22:22

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

check the settings, u may have set it to prune or not display topics with no replies for xx days etc.. just a thought..

cyberik
  • 2004/2/19 3:23

• cyberik

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/21

Quote:

m0nty wrote:
check the settings, u may have set it to prune or not display topics with no replies for xx days etc.. just a thought..

oh, yes, you are right. i checked my newbb forum and found out there is a pull-down menu to show all posts. how stupid i am!! and thank you for your reminder.

yet there is another question i'd like to ask for help. where should i go to change that setting? since my pull-down menu shows 100 days by default, i suppose that is the initial setting. but i cannot find any place in the systemadmin screen to do the change? do i need to go to specific files instead?

again, thank you for your kind help in advance.

m0nty
  • 2004/2/21 3:30

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

no worries, sometimes the simplest of things are easily missed.. i've missed a few things myself in the past..

i don't use newbb forum, but the settings i think should be in the newbb preferences itself, or somewhere in there. sorry can't be of more use to you with that question..

Login

Who's Online

128 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 128

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits