supergl
Best way learn Xoops
  • 2004/2/16 19:21

• supergl

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/16

Hello

Thank you for your expertise judgment. Can you help me install Plone on your server.

Since I newbie in XOOPS CMS program, what is best way learn XOOPS. I understand most XOOPS administrator have some knowledge web site development. I found out is change XOOPS display is not as easy changing table in Dreamweaver or go to local book store for XOOPS manual. Now, I want expert think back when you are newbie. How did you learn XOOPS.
I come up with serial ideal.
1. Paid money for school for teach you.
2. Using XOOPS form.
3. Joint XOOPS development team.

sang

Sang

Chainsaw
Re: Best way learn Xoops
  • 2004/2/16 20:03

• Chainsaw

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/9/28

My best advise is state which country or language background you are from (eg are you chinese, japanese ???)

There are XOOPS site using that language and their XOOPS instruction pages and forums are probably more meaningful to you.

Secondly, if you have a webserver, start small by making some simple HTML pages and learn HTML first. It will really help you understand web design.

Thirdly, install XOOPS on a webserver. If it has PHP and mySQL the installation is usually very easy. I can probably say that XOOPS installation is the easiest of all the CMS I have come across.

Vargr
Re: Best way learn Xoops
  • 2004/2/16 23:17

• Vargr

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/6/19

I agree with Chainsaw.

If you have no experience or knowledge, start out small with learning how to make homepages in HTML by hand-coding (that is, typing everything in by hand, not using any HTML-design programs).

Login

Who's Online

441 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 441

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits