chingu
problems upgrading 2.0.5 --> 2.0.6
  • 2004/2/10 17:39

• chingu

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/11

is ity true that when you upgrade you won't have the files upload function??

Herko
Re: problems upgrading 2.0.5 --> 2.0.6
  • 2004/2/10 19:50

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

did you have the files upload function? if you overwrite all the files (I assume you're talking about the mydownloads module, the RC version WITH uploads and the official version WITHOUT uploads), then it probably means you're correct. It would mean you're overwriting the RC version with the official version of the module. Download the patch and see if there are changes to the mydownloads module. If not, then you can upload the complete patch. If so, sure that the bugfixes made in the 2.0.6 release are applied to the RC version of the module.

Herko

chingu
  • 2004/2/11 14:38

• chingu

• Just popping in

Thx man, I get it now. There seems to be no problems at all after installing the patch. The RC-version of MyDownloads still works as before.

My confusion was:
I have a site with the RC-version of MyDownloads and another without so I applied the patch to both of the sites assuming that the official 2.0.6 will include the files upload function. My bad.

There are another questions though…:

1st problem:
When uploading the files every thing seems to be OK. But when I try to download, some files just won’t work. After “studying” carefully I found out that the files with capitals in it, like MyFile.doc is save in the upload-folder as myfile.doc (lowercase), but stored in the database as: http”//--/uploads/MyFile.doc. Due to the case-sensitiveness of the Apache webservers -> dead link for my files! Is this a server-side problem (configuration of the server) or a bug in the php-script?

How can I correct this problem? The best solution for me is to save the files on the Apache server with the original UpperCase/LowerCase file names.

2nd problem
I cannot upload files with extensions like .ppt. I know there is a list in the admin section where you can select the extensions you want. .ppt is not included in that list. How can I add .ppt to that list?

Andy

chingu
  • 2004/2/13 16:47

• chingu

• Just popping in

sorry, found the solution for problem 1:

https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?com_mode=flat&com_order=1&storyid=1037

chingu
  • 2004/2/13 17:16

• chingu

• Just popping in

and there is no 2nd problem. Everything works fine!
The problem was file-size and not the extension.

But i encouter a error message when uploading bigger files (greater than +/- . I clearly set the max to 50 MB (also on the server-side). But there's still this problem. Has this something to do with the uplaoding time.....

Errors Returned While Uploading
No file uploaded

chingu
  • 2004/2/13 17:27

• chingu

• Just popping in

still have not found the solution, just the right forum ;)

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=16504&forum=20

Login

Who's Online

129 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 129

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits