Mithrandir
Re: Selling a XOOPS implementation ?

Incidently, do any of you have experience with selling to/buying services from companies abroad?
I know that taxing is different from one country to another, but as far as I can see it, I have to add Danish VAT to all my invoices, regardless of the customer's location. It is then the customer's own responsibility to contact the Danish Revenue Services to get a VAT refund/deduction - is that a normal procedure? Just telling the customer how to do that and then leave it up to him?

And yes, I do find $30000 to be a high price, but it all depends. A big company's website is a much bigger task than the local grocery store and there are many more things to consider. It is only excessive, if the developer is not doing work worth $30000

Bassman
  • 2004/2/13 1:14

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

LOL Mithrandir :)
IMHO the site is not worth $30000 - $3000 maybe. The company I work for is not that big, and as we import all we sell, the content was "provided" by our suppliers by way of pop-up windows to their sites. And no online sales, or anything like that.

As regards taxes - we have GST (Goods and Services Tax) which is generally added to everything, except some exempt things such as food. Whenever we export anything we don't charge GST, just write "export" in the column where the GST amount would be.

Mithrandir

Quote:

Bassman wrote:
LOL Mithrandir :)
IMHO the site is not worth $30000 - $3000 maybe. The company I work for is not that big, and as we import all we sell, the content was "provided" by our suppliers by way of pop-up windows to their sites. And no online sales, or anything like that.

Get me to do it next time I'll do it cheaper

Login

Who's Online

437 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 437

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits