webrep
Couple of layout questions
  • 2004/2/10 15:34

• webrep

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/25

Trying to do 2 things

#1 - Would like to link the news items from RSS feed to open new window without going to main headlines page. i.e. - would rather the link open new window from the main page.

#2 - Is it possible to do away with the header logo box and just leave the banner box. I've tried deleting it from the html file but it won't take.

Suggestions?

sunsnapper
Re: Couple of layout questions

#2 You can completely edit theme.html and the other theme files. However, the default theme cannot be edited. If you want to use the default theme as a starting point, you can duplicate it and give it a new name. (Note: You will need to edit theme.html to point to the new directory instead of "default" directory. Search on the word "default" in your new theme and you'll find a few occurences you need to update).

#1 If you can find the template for headlines, you can edit it to include target="_blank" or whatever window technique you choose. You must first "clone" the default templates and give the template set a new name... then edit the custom templates you have created.

I hope that helps.

webrep
  • 2004/2/10 20:40

• webrep

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/25

Thanks a bunch. Was wondering why the changes wouldn't take.

I decided to put headlines using java feed in center block and coded to open new window so that's a moot point now. Did look for the headlines template but no luck.

lol, beginning to wonder now why I didn't stick to html.

sunsnapper

Hang in there.

Once you get you content in, you'll see the advantages of separating content from presentation.

Login

Who's Online

288 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 288

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits