script_fu
How can I pull partners links from another site?

I need to set up a better linking system and i need a lil help. I want to use my partners links on one website and set up a custom block on another site So I can pull the partners from the first site to the second. And so on and so on.

Does this make sence?

RemyA
Re: How can I pull partners links from another site?
  • 2004/2/5 10:54

• RemyA

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/12/5

Hi script_fu,

Are these websites in the same environment ?
i.e. are they using the same server ?
if so just share the database table and their columns with the other sites in this way you could display the same content on all sites, if however these sites are hosted on different servers it would probably not effective to use this approach (sharing the db table).

than i'd suggest that you use a fetch mechanism to include the content you want to display.

script_fu

Hey RemyA
I have half of my sites on one cpanel reseller account and the other half on a different cpanel reseller account. I host at dathorn.com so the answer would be yes for half of my domains although there in the same bank of servers. Now im talking about 30 plus sites that I need to share web links and partner links with. Even if I can set up just two sets of weblinks and partners links one on each server that would save alot of work.

Now you spoke of sharing the database table and the columns above. Do you have any examples of how to do this? How would one go about sharing this with the other sites on the same server?

Any help would be awesome.
Thanks for your post.

script_fu

Quote:

script_fu wrote:

You spoke of sharing the database table and the columns above. Do you have any examples of how to do this? How would one go about sharing this with the other sites on the same server?

Any help would be awesome.
Thanks for your post.

I've searched and I would still like to solve this. I have 32 sites up that are all automotive related. Weblinks are a major problem. Does anyone know how to do this?

Login

Who's Online

134 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 134

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits