Mithrandir
Re: Problem with Headlines in 2.06 RC

Hmmmm

The important one is the fatal error, which says that xml_parser_create() is not defined, which smells like a file isn't included properly.

If you are using the standard module from the standard installation, I'm rather surprised that this doesn't work. Personally I have no problems with headlines module.

phlewis
  • 2004/2/4 17:49

• phlewis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/16

Mithrandir,
Thanks for the clue to focus on the line about the fatal error.

If a file isn't included properly, could that be a file permissions issue?

Paul

Mithrandir

You should get another error saying so, if it cannot open the file to include.

bluedog
  • 2004/2/24 18:05

• bluedog

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/24

Is there any news on this prob?

I think it may have something to do with moving the site...I just migrated from XOOPS 2.0.6 on windows/apache--working fine, headlines and all--to Mandrake 10.0 (RC1) and the headlines module hosed the site as described above...removed the blocks and it came back, but the headline page blows up with the xml parser error....

I am thinking httpd.conf file, php settings or permissions maybe?

UPDATE:
Duh, this was simply the fact that xml support is not included in the default PHP mod for apache. For Mandrake, there is a separate php-xml rpm that fixes it right up.

upsadaz
  • 2004/4/17 18:46

• upsadaz

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/2/26

Quote:

bluedog wrote:
UPDATE:
Duh, this was simply the fact that xml support is not included in the default PHP mod for apache. For Mandrake, there is a separate php-xml rpm that fixes it right up.

I have Mandrake 9.2 and need this rpm for the same issue. I have tried, without success, to do this myself. Then I enlisted two of my friends who know a bit about Linux (supposedly )to help me. So far they can't get it either. So now I turn to you the experienced!
How did you install this rpm? I am very new at this, so please take it slow and be gentle... ^_~

Thanks...

CBlue

Download it from herehttp://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/mandrake/9.2/i586/Mandrake/RPMS/php-xml-4.3.2-3mdk.i586.html
To install it, open your terminal and cd to the directory you downloaded it to. Become root and type in rpm -ivh php-xml-4.3.2-3mdk.i586.rpm that should install it for you. Ask your linux friends to do these steps for you if you don't understand. Or I can go into more detail on exactly what to type if you pm me.

upsadaz
  • 2004/4/17 21:19

• upsadaz

• Friend of XOOPS

CBlue
Thank you, Thank you!
I'll give it a go on my own first. I do not want to impose upon you any more than I need to (and already have ). If I fail miserably, I'll take you up on your offer...

I'll keep you posted on my progress...

upsadaz
  • 2004/4/17 21:42

• upsadaz

• Friend of XOOPS

It is done. I have installed the rpm. I still get a blank headlines page. the error is:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: xml_parser_create() in .../html/class/xml/saxparser.php on line 44

Mithrandir and phppp helped me decifer this error with the conclusion that I needed the php-xml installed. Now that is on the server how can I tell if it installed and enabled correctly? I have left the php debug on in case you'd like to see the error in action. The site in question is www.up-link.net. Thank you for your help.

deepthin
  • 2004/4/18 19:00

• deepthin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/8 5

I'm getting this error:

Warning [PHP]: fopen(): URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in file modules/xoopsheadline/class/headlinerenderer.php line 62
Warning [PHP]: fopen(http://packages.gentoo.org/archs/x86/gentoo.rss): failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in file modules/xoopsheadline/class/headlinerenderer.php line 62
Warning [PHP]: fopen(): URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in file modules/xoopsheadline/class/headlinerenderer.php line 62
Warning [PHP]: fopen(http://slashdot.org/index.rss): failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in file modules/xoopsheadline/class/headlinerenderer.php line 62
Warning [PHP]: fopen(http://packages.gentoo.org/archs/x86/gentoo.rss): failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in file modules/xoopsheadline/class/headlinerenderer.php line 62

What do I do?

CBlue

Maybe you could try compiling that file instead of using an rpm, upsadaz. Compiling sometimes works better and you can read what it's saying as it installs. I will look for a tar.gz version of the file for you and tell you how to install that.

Login

Who's Online

254 user(s) are online (175 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 254

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits