m0nty
Big BUG or problem in Xoops 2
  • 2004/2/1 4:05

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

i've had a problem now for a long while, and had no help with it..

all replies and suggestions failed to solve the problem..

until tonight, when i thought hmm, i'll just make a new user group.

so i made a new user group, no problems there..

then when adding users to that group, it was all going well till i hit abt 150 members..

it seems it throws an error up if i try to add more than a certain amount of members to a group..

once the group goes over a certain amount of users, it just gives me an error and clicking on the modify group throws the same error up.. which is what my original problem was.. I have 231 members and i can't modify the member group..

if i go into phpmyadmin and move members to another group so the member group is less than around 200 or so (not sure on exact figure) then i can then click the modify group and it works fine, but if more members register and it goes over that limit, then it throws the error up and stops me modifying or editing users!!!!!!

robekras
Re: Big BUG or problem in Xoops 2
  • 2004/2/1 8:13

• robekras

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2002/12/10

On the German XOOPS Forum we had two people with a similar problem. They couldn't edit the registered user group. All others were ok. One of the user got an error 500.

I gave them some hints about where to put some echo instruction, so the problem could be narrowed down, but I didn't hear anything from them (They haven't been familiar with PHP)

Mithrandir

Which XOOPS version?

chapi
  • 2004/2/1 12:20

• chapi

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/1/22

I know the problem too, where you get an Error505 when you try to edit the Registered User Group.

I have experienced, that this error only happens when PHP is installed as cgi-module and not as module with Apache. But have no clue how to fix this ...

m0nty
  • 2004/2/1 15:36

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

yes that's the same error..

error 500: internal erver error..

mt XOOPS version was XOOPS 2.0.5.0 but i updated using the patch and is now running as 2.0.5.2..

robekras
  • 2004/2/1 16:40

• robekras

• Documentation Writer

Don't know whether the XOOPS and PHP gurus have a different
point of view:

1) Problem is that the XOOPS developer cannot reproduce this problem within their environment.

2) Error is maybe due to problems of PHP, MySQL or Apache (maybe old versions? What versions do you have?).

3) Maybe you have some knowledge about PHP and can (with help) narrow down the problem with some echo commands (in the right place ), or there is one with knowledge and time, who wants
to do it (and of course you give him the necessary rights to do).

m0nty
  • 2004/2/1 16:56

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

editing the php to add echo commands shouldn't be a problem as long as i know what echo command and where to place it and in which files..

the debug don't work cos the page gives an error 500 out..

but if any1 wants to check this i will give them the necessary permission to access admin..

mysql version 4.0.17 and latest stable php 4 and a linux server..

AndyM
  • 2004/2/1 17:05

• AndyM

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/8/31

If you have access to it, check the error log for your site as more info for error 500 is normally logged in there.

robekras
  • 2004/2/1 19:59

• robekras

• Documentation Writer

To work on this problem, it would be necessary to have ftp access, because someone needs to upload the changed files (because of the echo commands), and also have access to phpMyAdmin to see group and user data.

If you want do that, I would spend some time on looking into this problem (debugging is my hobby )

Or I give you some information about where to put in the echo commands.

It's up to you

mvandam
  • 2004/2/2 0:39

• mvandam

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/2/7 2

This may be related to a problem where people can't send admin mail to a large group of users. Certain versions of PHP/Mysql/whatever cause a "memory exhausted" error when trying to manipulate a large group of users. If you can turn on the various debugging options, you can try to find out if you're getting the "memory exhausted" error (or simply increase the limit in php.ini from 8M to e.g. 16M and see if that works). There is no known solution for that problem (and the causes are also unclear) but if you're NOT getting that error then at least you can rule that out as a possibility.

See also:

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=14777&forum=7

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=10304&forum=21

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=6528&forum=21

Login

Who's Online

191 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 191

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits