chippyash
Cannot deactivate a module

When I try to deactivate the 'Sections' module, I get to the confirmation screen and click Submit button and then get a screen full of garbage.

Is there some other way (perhaps by hacking the database) that I can deactivate it so I can get rid of it?

Regards
Ashley

kahumbu
Re: Cannot deactivate a module
  • 2004/2/1 12:21

• kahumbu

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/8/23

After deactivating the module, a new icon appears beside it in the Action column of the Module administration page. This is the uninstall icon. Just click on it and it will be fully uninstalled. You will know if it is fully uninstalled if it appears at the lower table where uninstalled modules are displayed.

Hope this helps!

chippyash
  • 2004/2/1 12:45

• chippyash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/1/29

Sorry , I don't get that far

Garbage is printed when I confirm deactivation. If I hit the back button, module is not deactivated. I understand you about it being uninstalled if it appears in the lower table, but I'm not getting to that point yet.

Regards
Ashley

Mithrandir

Could you post a screenshot or other indication of the garbage?

chippyash
  • 2004/2/1 18:47

• chippyash

• Friend of XOOPS

sorry to appear dumb but how do I do that? Can't see an attach file widget anyway.

Mithrandir

take screenshot. Upload somewhere. Click the picture icon to the right of the envelope above this input form. Write URL to image.

Or just mark (some of) the garbage and copy-paste it here.

chippyash
  • 2004/2/1 19:44

• chippyash

• Friend of XOOPS

Bonza

Here it is

Screenshot of the garbage

BTW I turned on php debugging to see if it gave anything but it didn't

Regards
Ashley

Mithrandir

Sorry, missed your reply. I must admit, I mainly look at the Home page and go from the latest topics block.

I have seen similar garbage on my own local installation as well as with a free Lycos host.
I couldn't identify the cause of the problem, but it went away, when I got a more reliable host. I guess it is a capacity problem.

chippyash
  • 2004/2/11 18:55

• chippyash

• Friend of XOOPS

Erm,

I trust your judgement on it being a capcity issue but perhaps this needs to be brought to the attention of the developers as it is a problem experienced by at least two of us.

My local server kit is a P166, 64MB piece running RH8 with latest kernel available, Apache, MysQL and PHP. Nothing else apart from ssh (that I know of!) Was your kit similarly bare or basic? Perhaps there is a minimum kit level for teh new release.

On the production machine that I run XOOPS on it is at 2.0.5.1 not the current RC level of my local machine.

If you think it's a problem what should be done next?

Regards
Ashley

Jan304
  • 2004/2/11 20:51

• Jan304

• Official Support Member

• Since: 2002/3/31

Have you tried turning off gzip?

Login

Who's Online

372 user(s) are online (41 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 372

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits