pwalters
Module Installation
  • 2004/1/30 6:39

• pwalters

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/30

Hey All,
This may seem like a stupid question, but how do you install new modules? I can't find much documentation, but what I have found tells me to upload the directory to the 'modules" directory. Then go into the Modules Admin page and they should be there to install. That seems very straightforward, but I am not having that much luck I guess. I've uploaded the files and directories intact, but they are not appearing in the modules admin page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

BradM
Re: Module Installation
  • 2004/1/31 3:21

• BradM

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/14

Actually it should be that straightforward. All you have to do is upload the module files into a subdirectory within the XOOPS modules directory. The module should then first appear at the bottom of the module admin page.

For example, if the module is "foo", the files should be found under "modules/foo", provided that "foo" is the directory as set up by the author of the module (this can be found in xoops_version.php, look for the line $modversion['dirname']).

Brad

pwalters
  • 2004/2/1 5:37

• pwalters

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/30

Thanks for your reply. It is very straightforward. As it turns out I uploaded the files to the wrong modules directory. See, I am testing several php type portals including xoops, phpwebsite, and some others. I uploaded the files into one of the other applications modules directory.

Sorry to waste your time. Thanks again.

Mithrandir

hehe - mistakes happen. Don't think anybody will be angry with you for making this mistake. Can be very confusing - especially if you are using other CMS's like Nukes since they also have the mainfile.php and modules directory making it look like it could be the XOOPS folder

Login

Who's Online

174 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 174

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits