Catzwolf
Re: WF-Sections v2 Preview
  • 2004/1/30 23:20

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

LOL@U is Ok we normally don't bother with people wearing silly hats with corks on!

Catzwolf
  • 2004/1/30 23:22

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Quote:

hervet wrote:
Hi,

Did you made any modifications to the file manager ?
I have spent many time to "internationalise" it. In fact to remove the hard coded textes by some define()

Will you be interested by this ?

If that's the case, you can download filemanager.php and /language/english/admin.php
here.

All hard coded text etc has been removed from WF-Sections. I am thinking about removing the filemanger from WF as it is no longer needed now really. You will be able to upload images etc via wfsections itself now using the upload class.

EDIT: I thought I better add that when I remove the filemanger it will then become a seperate module then.

Catzwolf
  • 2004/1/30 23:27

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Quote:

carnuke wrote:
How will this new version adapt to existing content written in the previous version? I have over 400 articles in wfsections 1.0.1. Too much input to lose if the update fouls up!

What do you suggest?

You wont have to worry about your content with this version, there will be no update script to run (well not that you will see anyway) and the whole process should be at the click of the module update button within XOOPS module config.

The only change really is the way WF-Section uses the url+urlname. These no longer behave the way they did within the old version. But the update script will take care of them for you.

Normally I try to keep WF-Sections as backward compat as possible and this time its 99% there except for the url change.

Hope that helps?

malexandria

I see that you have the User Points Mod working on this site, any chance of making that available for download?

Catzwolf
  • 2004/1/30 23:29

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Quote:

JackJ wrote:
Carnuke,

If it fouls up? what do you suggest? write some documentation and we will tell you..

Or perhaps you and savana could go to Scotland and shoot all the haggis just before the season starts..

Good idea that, its's English shooting season just before haggis season! Bring on the TOM!! LOL

malexandria

I'm logged in, but I don't see the sections area. Am I missing something?

Catzwolf
  • 2004/1/30 23:32

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Quote:

Draven wrote:
Quote:

Catzwolf wrote:
@Draven
Yeah I nicked it from another module dev But I had to change it thou, you know improve on it

lol, bastard!

I'm curious to see what "improvements" you made. I didn't know you could improve on perfection.

I like what I see though bro, can't what. If I have to hack WFS one more time for a client so they can have templetes for categories and index pages I'm going to scream.

PS, let me know if you need another Beta tester.

Yeah well my Perfection to your perfection is erm........ lol

Nope you wont have to do this any more m8, trust me every part of WF-Section will be smarty based, even the mail will be smarty based in this version.

Catzwolf
  • 2004/1/30 23:32

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Try the Reviews

Catzwolf
  • 2004/1/30 23:34

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Its the same version I sent you ages ago?

brash
  • 2004/1/30 23:39

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

I can't wait until this is released . Finally I'll have no excuse in putting of the creating of articles for my site. Any ETA as of yet Catz, to the nearest month?

Login

Who's Online

244 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 244

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits