nocjock
Wfsection Big Story
  • 2004/1/8 2:50

• nocjock

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/1/3 1

Does anyone know why my Wfsection block for Big Story of the day doesn't show anything?

There is no Big Article Today

I cannot for the life of me figure why it's not showing anything. Right after I loaded all articles the first day it showed the most read article. Since then it's zippo. Any help appreciated.

josecruz
Re: Wfsection Big Story
  • 2004/1/8 7:28

• josecruz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/3/28

This behaviour was vexing me for the longest time too, unti I figured out that the big story block code is set to display somethng only if it has been added to the database in the last 24 hours.

After that time limit is up then no matter how often it is read, it won't be there anymore. I've been meaning to hack this behaviour for awhile but I haven't gotten around to starting to yet. If you need this solved in A BIG WAY, I'll be willing to look into it for you.

On the other hand if Catz is reading this maybe you should ask him... he's the man.

Jose

Catzwolf
Re: Wfsection Big Story
  • 2004/1/29 21:47

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Fixed :-p

change:

$tdate = mktime(0,0,0,date("n"),date("j"),date("Y"));
$result = $xoopsDB->query("SELECT articleid, title, summary, groupid FROM ".$xoopsDB->prefix("wfs_article")." WHERE published > 0 AND published < ".time()." AND (expired > ".time()." OR expired = 0) AND noshowart = 0 AND offline = 0 ORDER BY counter DESC",1,0);

to:

$result = $xoopsDB->query("SELECT articleid, title, summary, groupid FROM ".$xoopsDB->prefix("wfs_article")." WHERE published > 0 AND published < ".time()." AND (expired > ".time()." OR expired = 0) AND noshowart = 0 AND offline = 0 ORDER BY counter DESC",1,0);

Should keep it up as long as it is the most read regardless

Login

Who's Online

198 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 198

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits