jfernau
How to turn of unwanted stuff in wfsection?
  • 2004/1/26 13:47

• jfernau

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/29

For someone who knows how to use wfsection, this is probably an easy one, but I haven't figured it out yet (is there a tutorial somewhere explaining how to use wfsection?).

I'm trying to use wfsection to generate static html pages. Once the site is done, it will be maintained by people without html skills, and I wanted them to be able to use the wysiwyg editor. I've seen this done on other sites.

Any page I try to make has a gray bar across the top with Author:, Published:, Read x times, Size, and a couple of icons for Printing and Referring to a Friend. In addition, there are links at the bottom of the page for "Return to Category", and "Return To Main Index". I have looked at the config menus, but have not found any way to turn these things off.

I'm playing with 2.06RC in case that makes a difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

John

MadFish
Re: How to turn of unwanted stuff in wfsection?
  • 2004/1/26 15:06

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

One of my colleagues did this for our site last week. I think you need to remove or comment them out from the relevant wf section template(s), have a look in admin/system/templates.

Good idea to clone a backup copy of your template set first, in case you mess it up

Chado
  • 2004/1/26 15:34

• Chado

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/6/6 7

Actually, just a few lines above the save button, there is a tick box that says:
Quote:
No Display info (This option will stop WF-Section from displaying all info in the article. Just a plain html page or text.)

Check that, and I think it will do what you are looking for.
Chad

carnuke
  • 2004/1/26 16:22

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

On the 'create article page you will see some options right at the end of the page

No Display info (This option will stop WF-Section from displaying all info in the article. Just a plain html page or text.)

Click this option. I THINK it will simple display your page. If it works as you want, You will have to edit all Pages

Richard

jfernau
  • 2004/1/26 16:34

• jfernau

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/29

Chad / Richard -

Thanks!! I just popped in and tried it and it works. Now all I have to figure out is how to control the menu.

Thanks again.

John

Login

Who's Online

270 user(s) are online (185 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 270

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits