Stangman
Host Change and problems.
  • 2004/1/24 22:56

• Stangman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/24

I had XOOPS running since over a year on a free host and just moved it to a better one. Everything went fine and the content is all there but the menu column still has links sending to the old website. I changed the config.php and the mainfile.php files loaded the MySQL database from the old site and installed it in the new databse without any modification. Is there anything else to do? I don't want to install a new version of XOOPS and have to redo everything.
I also have another problem, it is impossible to save the preferences in the system admin. I hope someone can help.
Thank you.
Thierry
My website:
http://8cmc.com/html/index.php

JackJ
Re: Host Change and problems.
  • 2004/1/24 23:34

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

Did you follow this procedure Here

config.php? what file is that? you only need to define the paths in mainfile.php unless you have some apps that need other special configuring.

Did you try updating your system files and modules? Your freecontent module has the right path..strange

Stangman
  • 2004/1/25 1:09

• Stangman

• Just popping in

I use an old version of xoops. Probably more than a year old and downloaded here. Here is the content of this file:

Your help doesn't apply for my website
//

// Database Configuration
$xoopsConfig['database'] = "mysql";
$xoopsConfig['prefix'] = "xoops";
$xoopsConfig['dbhost'] = "localhost";
$xoopsConfig['dbuname'] = "mydb";
$xoopsConfig['dbpass'] = "mypass";
$xoopsConfig['dbname'] = "mydb";
$xoopsConfig['db_pconnect'] = 1;

// Site Configuration
$xoopsConfig['xoops_url'] = "http://8cmc.com/html";
?>

JackJ
  • 2004/1/25 3:20

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

Right. before my time..

Perhaps if you state which version you have the developers will be able to help.

I notice with some older versions this for the preferences save etc that you need to change the file permission of config.php in /modules/system/cache/ so that it is writeable by the server. On unix/linux servers, chmod 666.

You would also need to chmod 666 all files under cache directory, apparantly in older version the main menu is stored in cache/config.php or something

Good luck..

Stangman
  • 2004/1/25 14:05

• Stangman

• Just popping in

Thank you Jack. I can now save the changes in the system admin. With your help I also found in /modules/system/cache/ the mainmenu.php file and changed all links according to my new domain. I don't remember I ever did that before but it worked.
Thanks again.

Login

Who's Online

322 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 322

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits