Ace_Armstrong
Experiencing a login issue...any ideas?

I had a user who wants to create an account on our site, but she can't seem to make it work. Here's what she said in her initial message:

Quote:

I went through the registration steps and got rejected. I tried it twice. Each time, it let me submit my information, prompted me to hit the "finish" button and then said that it could not register user.

I asked her if she checked the "I agree" button on the terms of use section, and she said she had. She is running WindowsXP and IE 6, so it's not a browser issue. I created a new account without any problems.

Any ideas on what's causing this? She can't be the only one experiencing this problem.

I only have one thought: I had a problem user whose IP I banned. Is it possible that she's on a public computer at the same place (he was at a school) and this is the result of the IP ban?

NitroFoO
Re: Experiencing a login issue...any ideas?
  • 2004/1/23 19:05

• NitroFoO

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2002/1/26

I can't say that I'm sure about the IP fully; however if it was a conflict due to the IP ban then she wouldn't be able to access your site in the first place.

I think you may have a firewall issue which many people have had conflicting with registeration/logging in. Click here to learn more.

Ace_Armstrong

Quote:

NitroFoO wrote:
I can't say that I'm sure about the IP fully; however if it was a conflict due to the IP ban then she wouldn't be able to access your site in the first place.

I think you may have a firewall issue which many people have had conflicting with registeration/logging in. Click here to learn more.

That was exactly it. She just told me she's running NIS.

The tutorial on how to fix this would be great if the link weren't dead. *sigh* Can anyone get me the step-by-step? I don't have NIS so I can't tell her how to fix it.

ackbarr

NitroFoO
  • 2004/1/23 23:12

• NitroFoO

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2002/1/26

Quote:

Ace_Armstrong wrote:
Quote:

NitroFoO wrote:

That was exactly it. She just told me she's running NIS.

The tutorial on how to fix this would be great if the link weren't dead. *sigh* Can anyone get me the step-by-step? I don't have NIS so I can't tell her how to fix it.

Yeah sorry about that Ace_Armstrong, my server went down for the short while that you clicked on it =(. Yeah I guess I wasn't to much of a help this time around - lol...

*curses server*

Login

Who's Online

234 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 234

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits