bwirum
News module article view permissions?
  • 2004/1/23 8:04

• bwirum

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/16

Hi,

I'd like to know if there is a news module out there, ready to go, which lets you set group permissions on articles posted? Like in WF-Sections, but in news?

I've tried searching here and there, but so far no go.

Thanks.

Mithrandir
Re: News module article view permissions?

The news module is meant as an announcement module and is just not geared for restricting group access to view it.

You can set module access rights in system admin, which can block access to the module altogether.

If you want the first page to be shown to certain groups, but not the "read more..." page, you'll need to do some hacking of the module.

bwirum
Re: News module article view permissions?
  • 2004/1/23 12:43

• bwirum

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/16

Yes, I realize that, but I'd have thought someone other than me would have needed to make some newsposts viewable to the public and others just to registered members..

I'm sorry if I wasn't quite clear there :). Hopefully someone's done something like this in the past as I'm really no PHP wiz and it would take me quite some time to figure this whole thing out ;)

It would do the trick if I was able to just set certain topics readable to only certain usergroups.. Not necessarily on a article-by-article basis..

Login

Who's Online

109 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 109

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits