goonsqad
no one can log in after working for several months
  • 2004/1/23 0:15

• goonsqad

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/7

I have a XOOPS site and it has been working perfect since september of 03. However all of a sudden, no one, incluging myself cannot log into the site. Has anyone else seen this problem and know how to fix it or at least what to look for?

Whenever I or a user logs in we are take to a page saying "thank you for logging in" and then we are take back to the same initial page as though we never logged in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tl
Re: no one can log in after working for several months
  • 2004/1/23 0:37

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

If www.phlak.org is your web site, then the only thing suspicious is that your hosting changed PHP from PHP/4.3.3 to PHP/4.3.4 on January 19, 2004. It seems to me there were too many PHP re-compilations by the hosting company.

You could check your server history HERE

If you had not done anything to the settings, then upgrading to PHP/4.3.4 could be cause of the problem. Maybe something was not included when they did compilations.

Maybe someone else can help this?

goonsqad
  • 2004/1/23 0:48

• goonsqad

• Just popping in

Well that is an interesting idea, but unfortunately the website was working after the 19th...the problem arrose onthe 21st.

goonsqad
  • 2004/1/23 0:52

• goonsqad

• Just popping in

actually after i look closely, i notice they went from 4.33 to 4.34 on the 14th...on the 15th or 16th i had this same problem....but is started working shortly after...i notticed the server went back to php 4.33. Now i am having the same problem and they are back at php 4.34. Anyone else seen any weird things happening moving to a newer version of php?

Dave_L
  • 2004/1/23 0:54

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

The "Last changed - 19-Jan-2004" on that page might not be 100% accurate. They might have started the update on the 19th, or planned to do it on the 19th, but not actually have done it until the 21st.

-----
Edit:

It's not at all unusual for weird things to happen when upgrading to a new version of PHP.

goonsqad
  • 2004/1/23 1:47

• goonsqad

• Just popping in

Well I am goign to attempt reinstalling XOOPS and then restoring the database....we'll see what happens....

Mithrandir

Good luck, we'll keep our fingers crossed.

Perhaps contact your host and ask them if they have a clue about it?

DonXoop

Wait! Before reinstalling (unless you think you should and start fresh with less Java and junk )

If you create a simple file called whatever.php and put one line:
<?php phpinfo(); ?>

Call that file directly and see what you get. I'll bet we see something added to PHP that is conflicting. Also run through the site and check for any blank pages that were working before. A good test is if you gave rights to post comments or anything else as anonymous, try it and see if it completes without error or blank page.

BTW, these guys are likely having issues and are trying solutions to solve them and causing side effects. Looks like they are trying to offer the kitchen sink. And the Apache Signature is giving away too much information (useful for us right now but not wise for them).

dlh
  • 2004/1/28 4:32

• dlh

• Since: 2002/2/20

I just resolved this issue on my own site.

Go into phpmyadmin and check the xoops_session table. If it is corrupt then you'll need to just replace the structure of that table.

That's it - fixed everything.

Hope that helps,

Dan (dlh)

Login

Who's Online

121 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 121

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits