• Since: 2003/4/10

Thanks for the tip Jack, I'll take a look at it

fishspon
Re: How Good Is XCGallery !!!
  • 2004/1/17 2:35

• fishspon

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/11/23

so how long does it take (for an experienced web site designer with a very quick FTP connection, but with no coding skills) to install and configure all of the necessary things to have both the stats blocks displayed on my site??

How long did it take u to go from having no stats at all, to having pphlogger installed, and both stats blocks showing?

sorry for going off on a tangent here, but i didn't wanna start a new thread for this... apologies if i should do.

brash
  • 2004/1/17 2:44

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Should take around half an hour I suppose. It was easy for me because I host all the sites myself and have 100% control over my servers. If you're using a hosted service it may take a bit longer. If you want, I can setup a pphlogger account for you on my server, that way you only have to setup the blockies module.

fishspon
  • 2004/1/17 12:14

• fishspon

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/11/23

right... well i tried to setup pphlogger on my server, and i got it installed and configured properly, but i just could not get my web site to register hits with it.

To start with, i added the recommended PHP code to a block on my front page, so in theory, when someone visits the front page, it'll register a hit within pphlogger, right? Well that didn't work at all, no matter how much i messed around with it! lol, i've given up for the moment.

Is it really this complicated, or am i missing something obvious do u reckon??

frukto
  • 2004/1/17 12:31

• frukto

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/10/27

I have another problem - I have installed pphloger over a year ago, and it works ok, but now I installed Blockies and can't find any menu for it, I don't know how to make it work with pphlogger. I have block with lines:

Total hits:
Today hits:
Yesterday hits:
This month hits:
Online users:

but nothing more, no numbers. Any help with it?

EDIT: Ok, I just found it ;)

Login

Who's Online

214 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 214

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits