• Since: 2003/3/1 1

I'm guessing you fixed it? your site looks ok

carnuke
Re: Cache i think...
  • 2004/1/15 21:14

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Well no, It's still snowing on weblook so it isn't cache problem.... Have you viewed the source code on screen? If your snow code is still there then it's not deleted. I might suggest you upload a brand new theme as an experimemnt and install it in the usual way. The problem is if you have edited your original theme files then clone another template set the problem simply gets copied over. That's why we clone the default set, rather than edit it directly! It keeps at least one template set useable

Are you calling a remote js file for your snow effect? I think it's a question of methodically going through the files and directories you changed and making certain the right scripts are in place.

Start with source code and check everything

Yep it's a pain, but you will succeed!

PTlooker
  • 2004/1/15 23:16

• PTlooker

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/6/15

First let me say thanks, but im not calling a .js file for that, it lets me crazy because i have made the change on the code, i download the file from ftp and the code isnt there so why it stills there? im confused, that never happened to me...you can see the source the code is there but if i send you the file (and let me know how) you will the that the javascript isnt there already...
Thanks in advance!

PTlooker
  • 2004/1/16 9:22

• PTlooker

• Just can't stay away

Still waiting for a solution...

carnuke
  • 2004/1/16 10:17

• carnuke

• Home away from home

I checked your site today 10:31 GMT THE SNOW HAS GONE!!

Viewed on mozila and ie browser. I looked at a few pages all seemed clear. Well done, you have fixed it. May I say, it's a really nice site, well designed and functional.Glad your back online ok

May I make a polite suggestion? Carefully review what's happened here. So as not to allow this kind of problem again ALWAYS clone the default template set, or another set that you know works well. Rename it for your new theme and use the new version for your experiments and editing. If things go wrong, there's always the previous templates to fall back on

Richard

PTlooker
  • 2004/1/16 18:54

• PTlooker

• Just can't stay away

Well lets me just say thanks very much for your help and other user's help...one more doubt...how can i make, let me see if i can explain myself...kind of a cookie that when users go to the site they are already logged in if they have the correct cookie...understand what i mean?
Thanks in advance!

carnuke
  • 2004/1/16 20:22

• carnuke

• Home away from home

Glad your back online, AND looking good

I think the other question will be answered here! LOGIN HACK-REMEMBER ME
Good luck, Richard

Login

Who's Online

102 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 102

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits