Aine
system_block_login.html
  • 2004/1/14 21:22

• Aine

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/7/10

The default theme makes the login form sit square up against the left side of the login block. I'm trying to figure out how to make it have a left-margin, but everything I've tried so far hasn't work.

1.How did you do this at xoops.org?

2.Is there a way to move it via CSS? If so, please explain what div id or div class I can modify that will only affect the login block and not everything in blockContent in the left column.

3.Template Set Manager »» default »» Edit template file
This doesn't actually allow you to edit the file, the only option there is View. You can't save any changes to any of the template files in there. Why does the page say Edit when all you can do is View? What useful purpose does this part of the system serve?

4.If I download system_block_login.html's template, how do I upload it in tar.gz format such that XOOPS will decompress and recognize the changes I've made to it. In other words, do I have to download the entire system template "set" in order to move just this login block 5px to the right using margin-left:5px;?

JackJ
Re: system_block_login.html
  • 2004/1/14 23:31

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

You cant edit the default template. If you are using the default XOOPS template you need to click on "Clone" and then set up the "Clone" as your default template in "General Settings". Call it anything you want. (The default template cant be edited without cloning)

If you are using another theme apart from XOOPS default, it it will normally be based on the XOOPS "default template",--if not, the theme you downloaded would have a "Tar" file to upload into templates (to create its own template)

You may need to click on "Generate" for some modules (in red) to create the files.

In some templates to "center" the block content you can just wrap the whole code in tags i.e <center>the code</center>. The classes used by your theme style.css sheet will be visible in the block template code.

Aine
Re: system_block_login.html
  • 2004/1/14 23:49

• Aine

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/7/10

A-ha!

Thank you very much, that clears up a lot of things. Now I can figure out more about this system. :)

Login

Who's Online

192 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 192

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits