chessman
Custom Block Visibility
  • 2004/1/12 18:47

• chessman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/12

I've two questions about the visibility of a custom block I'm creating:

1) I'd like this visible at the top page even before a user logs in. I assume that means I need to get it on the list of blocks for "anonymous users" but I don't see how I can do that.

2) I'm using the sections module, and I'd like this block also to be visible on one of the sections page (not the main section module page, but one of the one you get after clicking on a section).

BTW, there's a bit of a learning curve, but all told this is a very nice system for designs that can live within the 3-column_header+footer model. Thank you for the effort.

JackJ
Re: Custom Block Visibility
  • 2004/1/12 22:32

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

To make your custom block visible for anon users go to system admin/groups and click on "modify" next to anon users. Then go to "Block Access Rights" and put a check mark in your custom block.

Your "top" page is whatever module you specify in general settings to be the default load module. Which could be "None"

With wfsections I dont think you can specify a particular page for a block to be visible in, but within a wfsection article you can specify what "group" a wfsection "link" is visible too when you create or modify the article.

You can however have a little "one page custom module" available for download somewhere. I have a hashed one somewhere on my site.

chessman
Re: Custom Block Visibility
  • 2004/1/13 17:54

• chessman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/12

Thanks, Jack. I hadn't considered users/groups as a possible solution.

What I was trying to do with the sections was create a separate "standings" table for each section of the league, and have the table for that particular section displayed at the top of that section's index page.

I suppose I could do some hacking in the section module code itself, but I was trying to stay away from doing that, because of the headache updating the code from the real code base later might cause.

Login

Who's Online

1077 user(s) are online (226 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 1077

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits