corker
HTTP_REFERER difficulties
  • 2004/1/12 1:00

• corker

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/1

After doing some research on problems I've been having ( some users can't register or log on), I discovered that XOOPS depends on HTTP_REFERER. I've been going insane because of Xoops's apparent dependency on HTTP_REFERER. Many users (seemingly more than not) cannot register or log in because of their "Personal Firewalls" that don't send HTTP_REFERER, and it's driven many of them away.

Is there any chance that this will change? It's been the sole reason that I'm considering reverting to PostNuke, which isn't plagued by this problem...

Bazus
Re: HTTP_REFERER difficulties
  • 2004/1/12 6:10

• Bazus

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/9/23

i don't get it why you're saying that.. I use zonealarm which is a personal firewall and I can login or register a new account without any problem.

Mithrandir
Re: HTTP_REFERER difficulties

Quote:

corker wrote:
After doing some research on problems I've been having ( some users can't register or log on), I discovered that XOOPS depends on HTTP_REFERER. I've been going insane because of Xoops's apparent dependency on HTTP_REFERER. Many users (seemingly more than not) cannot register or log in because of their "Personal Firewalls" that don't send HTTP_REFERER, and it's driven many of them away.

Is there any chance that this will change? It's been the sole reason that I'm considering reverting to PostNuke, which isn't plagued by this problem...
Problem? It's a security feature.

Just run a site, which is trustworthy enough for your Zone Alarm/NPF/NIS/etc. users to allow the HTTP_REFERRER to be sent to it.

It is not likely that it will change, no.

Login

Who's Online

127 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 127

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits