Andy527
Install Problem
  • 2004/1/11 21:04

• Andy527

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/11

I had recently installed XOOPS at my site, anyway i was filling out the info i left the host username and pass blank i put in the database name and then submitted it showed all green buttons all rewritable then i hit next and it said could not rewrite mainfile. What does this mean?

Andy527
Re: Install Problem
  • 2004/1/11 23:15

• Andy527

• Just popping in

Come on somebody has to know something i mean you guys designed it.

Mithrandir

Patience, please.

There are not a whole lot of people, who's been programming this and we live in very different timezones. Many from Europe or Asia, so it may just take a little longer than 2 hours to respond.

You left out the host username and pass blank? What host username? You mean the admin account? Or did you leave out information from the form, where you input web server paths and database details?

Either way you should fill out all fields.

clagrone
  • 2004/1/11 23:27

• clagrone

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/26

and in addition how did you do the install? did you by chance use fantastico included by your server?

Andy527
  • 2004/1/12 3:49

• Andy527

• Just popping in

Alright i hit english then it came to the MySQL info so i correctly put that in then hit next it showed me what i entered to confirm it then i hit next then it said saving configuration and below that it said could not write mainfile.php so i went into my ftp and made it writable but it would just go strait back to the way it was set which was 664. Please help me you can contact me on aim at landy527l or post below with any help you may have.

Thanks, Andy

DonXoop

Someone will suggest a better FTP client (I don't use Windows) but your app isn't setting the rights as you are trying to do. What are you using for FTP? Any more details about the server and versions would help too.

Andy527
  • 2004/1/12 13:07

• Andy527

• Just popping in

Im running windows 2000 and using ftp commander pro, could you suggest just a good ftp i personally dont like cuteftp

DonXoop

I don't use Windows so I don't know what to suggest. In a past life I used wftp or something. Pretty much any of them should allow doing chmod. You must be doing it wrong or the server isn't allowing the change.
So you have any other access like SSH or a shell?

CBlue

Get WS_FTP LE, it's what I use all the time and it allows for chmoding of files and many other options.

DonXoop

That's the one I was thinking about. FTP itself just scares me these days and when I must use Win I grab WinSCP which uses SFTP/SSH for xfer but acts like FTP.

Login

Who's Online

238 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 238

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits