arinf
Splash screen before getting to website
  • 2004/1/10 18:54

• arinf

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/26

How would I go about using a splash screen that comes up before you get intot he main XOOPS website I have? I made a index.html that will come up as default and then you click on the image or click continue and you go to website but everytime I click on "Home" in the nav I go back to that splash screen. IS there a workaround for what I want?

Thanks!

Stewdio
Re: Splash screen before getting to website
  • 2004/1/10 19:46

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Go to system admin>>templates>>(your template name)>>System>>system_block_mainmenu.html

Near the top Edit

<td id="mainmenu"> <a class="menuTop" href="<{$xoops_url}>"><{$block.lang_home}></a>

to look like

<td id="mainmenu"> <a class="menuTop" href="<{$xoops_url}>/index.php"><{$block.lang_home}></a>

You can only do this if you have cloned your default template and set your cloned copy to be used by default in the main admin preferences.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

arinf
  • 2004/1/10 20:33

• arinf

• Just popping in

you rock! worked, thanks!

arinf
  • 2004/1/10 20:42

• arinf

• Just popping in

one more question to wrap this up :)

Now how do I change it so the link in the Admin control panel at the top left for homw points to the proper place instead of my splash screen?

Stewdio
  • 2004/1/11 20:06

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

I'm not sure to be honest, but I would do in this case is work with 2 separate windows. One for admin functions, the other as the main site which I just hit refresh to see my changes without having to switch back and forth between the admin.

Not a perfect solution, but it works

Cheers

Ace_Armstrong

I think the easier way to do what you want to do is to put the site in a subdirectory. That way the links will all point to the right place (you'll have to do some minor editing to the SQL files and the mainfile.php, but that's about it...it's not too hard.)

I'd caution about splash screens, though. We have one on ours just because it was kind of a design requirement. (Long story.) But we have it set with a cookie so it only runs the first two times the site is visited and then nevermore.

Login

Who's Online

210 user(s) are online (159 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 210

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits