acekid
question about forums
  • 2004/1/9 2:59

• acekid

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/8 1

im not sure if this has to do with my settings, or what, but i've been having problems with my forums. after a user posts, the message does not appear. the reply number also does not change to reflect that a post has been made to a topic. if you go into the topic and click "show newest first," then the messages posted appear.

also, probably a separate problem, sometimes my forums module doesn't properly fit on the screen. part of the module gets cut off on the right side of the screen.

any help?

CBlue
Re: question about forums

For your first question, check the cache for the forums in your system admin > preferences > general settings. It sounds like you have cache on for your forums and if you want a post to appear right away, you need to turn off cache.

Second problem, it's your theme that makes your forum module look like that. Use another theme or take off the left blocks for the module and only show the center column. You could try digging into the forum templates to try fixing this but that is alot of work.

acekid
  • 2004/1/9 14:04

• acekid

• Just popping in

I think the cache fixed the problem. Thanks a million.

acekid
  • 2004/1/9 20:17

• acekid

• Just popping in

to correct my sizing issue, is there a way to disable the left blocks ONLY when a user is in the Forum module? I need my left blocks visible when visitors come to the site. once they enter the forum, they can simply use the top bar navigation.

CBlue

Yes, just go to blocks admin and click the show blocks visible in forums in the first dropdown menu. Then go through all the blocks that say visible on the left column, and choose no for visible. You will need to do that for anonymous and registered users and probably webmasters too, if you don't want to see the blocks either.

CBlue

Quote:

acekid wrote:
I think the cache fixed the problem. Thanks a million.

You're welcome!

Stewdio
  • 2004/1/10 7:22

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

I've also noticed a bug in the default setup that when some uses the
code
one/big/line/of/code/that/doesn't/stop

/code
functions and doesn't have a line break <br> it will scroll all the way, making your site stretch off the screen.

Login

Who's Online

266 user(s) are online (164 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 266

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits