halki
Performance tuning tips anywhere?
  • 2004/1/9 0:43

• halki

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/27

Im looking for any current (2.0.5.[12]) performance tuning docs for Xoops. It seems to just get slower and slower everyday. (Ive already run check, and optimize on the tables)

Ive been messing with gzip and cache settings but nothing seems to be making much of a difference. Ever since I turned off phpsessions the site loads like I broke its leg.. heh.. anyhow, sessions are staying off for security reasons but Id like to get the zippiness back.

Thanks for any input.

DonXoop
Re: Performance tuning tips anywhere?

There isn't a doc for this and there are many factors to look at including the server, OS, Apache, MySQL, PHP and on . Assuming you have other things optimized you might look at mmcache for PHP. A thread is over here: mmcache

You didn't say anything about what you are running on and versions.

halki
  • 2004/1/9 5:10

• halki

• Just popping in

Oops.. yeah I suppose that would be handy :)

I dont know much about the server (I just use a hosting company) I do know that it is running RedHat 7.3 (which is of course EOL, I should ask about that) Since I have a chrooted shell I cant use any of the normal utilities to see just what kind of hardware there is.

MySQL is 3.23.58 PHP 4.3.3 Apache 1.3.28 XOOPS 2.0.5.2

Ill take a look at mmcache, thanks for the pointer

carnuke
  • 2004/1/9 10:20

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Forgive me if this is not relevant, but I found a significant loss of performance when I stated using a statistics tracking module (pphlogger) also various javascripts call. Just a thought worth considering !

Richard

halki
  • 2004/1/9 19:10

• halki

• Just popping in

Well the only module difference from now to when it was fast was the removal of phpbb module and turning on newbb....

But I still had all my original files, so I undid the file hacks for phpbb by replacing with originals.

Login

Who's Online

177 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 177

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits