elfed
Changed Theme, Page Blank, No admin
  • 2004/1/8 15:02

• elfed

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/8 1

Ok, new to Xoops, so I'm sure this is a newbie mistake. Been browsing for a while but can't find the answer.

I found a theme I liked via the download section and installed it. Everything worked just as described according to the directions.

But when I now access my url I get a totally blank page. When I try to access the site via the admin.php it tells me I don't have permission.

Everything was going great until I switched to the new theme.

Clues? Hints?

Jeff

CBlue
Re: Changed Theme, Page Blank, No admin

If you have phpmyadmin with your webhost account, go to it and get to your XOOPS database. Then click on the table link in the left side that says xoops_config. Click browse then click edit beside the field that says default theme. Change the name to a theme you know works on your site.

Then click on your xoops_users table link and click browse. Then edit your user account (you should be number one) and change your theme to the theme you put as default or just leave it blank.

Then you should be able to see your site again.

elfed
  • 2004/1/8 15:47

• elfed

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/8 1

Beautiful. Thanks a million.

I still want the new theme but will do a little more homework on how to best install it.

thanks again,
Jeff

CBlue

Your welcome!

Best way to view a new theme and edit it without messing with your users on your site, is the use the theme block.

Make the theme block only viewable to webmasters. Then put the theme you are editing only available to you in the theme selections and not as your default theme. Leave the default theme the way it is.

Then you can work on your new theme and view it using the link in the theme block. If something goes wrong with the theme, you only have to take the theme off your own account in the xoops_users and you won't have to mess with the config table and your users won't see the blank or messed up theme.

Login

Who's Online

170 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 170

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits