laurica
What means RC2 and RC3?
  • 2004/1/6 11:58

• laurica

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/6 1

Hello.-
First of all, sorry for my bad English.
I'm new in this of XOOPS and I'm developing my web working in local. Day by day I know a little more, but now that I'm trying to use new modules and themes I've got a question:
I don't understand what means RC2 and RC3. I've installed XOOPS 2.0.5 and so many times I have seen mentioned those concepts. As I'm having some problems with the upload of new modules I think maybe because I'm doing it wrong with the concept of RC2 o RC3.

Thaks

Herko
Re: What means RC2 and RC3?
  • 2004/1/6 12:10

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

RC stands for Release Candidate, which is like a public beta release. This release isn't meant for live websites, but for the community to test, find and report bugs, and for developers and designers to see how it works.

XOOPS 2.0.5.2 isn't a Release Candidate but a stable version fit for a production environment. About a year ago, a few XOOPS2 Release Candidates were released, and some developers and designers made modules and themes for that. But, when XOOPS2 Final was released, som ethings had changed, rendering those modules and themes unusable. That's the risk of working with Release Candidates. And since then, the XOOPS Team has become careful with releasing big changes like that.

Herko

Mithrandir

Xoops 2.0.5, 2.0.5.1 and 2.0.5.2 are release versions

RC stands for Release Candidate - that is, you'll have alpha testing (internal testing - usually many bugs are found here) beta testing (external testing - fewer bugs found, but likely to discover other bugs than those in internal testing) and the final step before a full release is Release Candidates, which are given for people to try and should be rather bug-free - but some might still be there and should be fixed before releasing the full release.

So to sum up:
Alpha testing - "Is the code working"
Beta testing - "Did I actually test all code or can someone else find things, I've overlooked"
Release Candidate - "This should work - how does it perform under stress and proper use?"
Release - "This should work. Period"

laurica
  • 2004/1/6 12:18

• laurica

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/6 1

OK. Now it's more clear than before. Thanks for beeing so quick :)

Login

Who's Online

465 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 465

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits