fluent
Removing Module
  • 2004/1/6 11:15

• fluent

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/22

I installed a module and then tried to remove it and I just get a blank white page when I click on uninstall. I deleted the entry from xoops_modules and then the module seemed to be uninstalled. However, when I try to reinstall the module I just get a blank white page again.

Does anyone know how I might get an error message or some more info about failures in installing/ uninstalling modules?

Jonathan

Mithrandir
Re: Removing Module

Turn PHP debug on

It is in System Admin -> Preferences -> General Settings

And NEVER delete entries manually in the database unless you are absolutely certain about what you are doing.

When deleting the entry in xoops_modules, you didn't delete the module-specific tables (if any) and other clean-up jobs.

PHP Debug is there - use it!

fluent
  • 2004/1/6 11:29

• fluent

• Just popping in

I have it enabled but where do I see the output?

fluent
  • 2004/1/6 11:32

• fluent

• Just popping in

I have it enabled but where do I see the output?

Mithrandir

Turning PHP debug on will show errors on pages with errors, such as the pages giving blank screens before.

So when you encounter a blank screen, turn on PHP debug and do exactly the same as you did before, which gave the blank screen and see if you don't get an error message instead of the blank screen.

fluent
  • 2004/1/6 13:05

• fluent

• Just popping in

Unfortunately, in my case, I still get a blank screen when I click on Install for a particular module. I'll have to try a full reinstall of XOOPS and see what happens

Login

Who's Online

251 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 251

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits