krobi
Re: pls help me with wfsections
  • 2004/1/5 23:53

• krobi

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/12/21

@svaha: yes and no
it would be great if i go to the sections finding (on your site) that i see the sub-categories and the news in it.

@catzwolf: is there any documentation for newsbies? where to edit what. iam sorry php and the variables from XOOPS are for a beginner really hard to understand some of them, but i will try a little bit maybe i can handle it.

for all of you who wants to help me you can look at my site, hopefully you will fully understand what i mean, power-dreams homepage

the site is offline, but you can use the following login

username: test12
passwort: krobi

at the top you will see the main menu, home - pc und modding - BeOS Usergroup - test

so i want that when people click on beos usergroup, for example, they get alle news about it and all relevanted news like for openbeos and zeta and so on, that why i want the sub-categories so my users can write news easily for the categorie they want

and when they go on in this categorie, there see ah there is news for example for zeta, its about an update, and then the summary and then they can click on more (or something similare) and they can read the whole news, there are other sub-categories for example beos so i hope you all understand what i want and hopefully we can get it to work

thx for your help until now

svaha
  • 2004/1/6 0:04

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/8/2 2

Ok now look again here please and click on find, when you are in find click on the drop down menu, there should now be the sub cat as above so ..
I just made a little hack or something.

Aloha

krobi
  • 2004/1/6 2:17

• krobi

• Quite a regular

i will make a new graphic, to explain the thing better

krobi
  • 2004/1/6 4:22

• krobi

• Quite a regular

so i did a small page who, hopefully, explain it how i want it plz go on that page i also did a exacly grafic

this site is in german and english, so i hope everybody will understand what i want

The Link

Catzwolf
  • 2004/1/6 5:14

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

I think what you want is the ability for each module to use the same category/sub-category structure throughout the site?

If this is the case then at the moment this is not exactly possible.

We are working towards this and hope to have this type of structure in XOOPS in the very near future. I know that the core are working on a new category class at the request of us module developers. We see this as an important stage forward with Xoops.

You could use a module called MetaCat by Bunny and should be available on this website, it is not a perfect solution to this problem but should help a bit.

krobi
  • 2004/1/6 6:44

• krobi

• Quite a regular

yes thats what i want
ive downloaded metacat its an alphaversion? oh i will give it a try hopefully it works

edit: i tried that modul seems to be a cool modul, but how i can tell the modul that he do that what i want ?

krobi
  • 2004/1/6 19:34

• krobi

• Quite a regular

hm mabye we could do it in another way,
it is possible to make a new html/php file that calls the variables to do that what i want?

so we dont need to hack the wfsections modul simple write a news html/php file that can interpret the variables and so on how i want it?

i hope you understand what i mean and how i mean it

edit: i did a deeper look into metacat its a great modul, i really like it, and i think we could realise it with this modul, so you have the block "verwandte inhalte" (i dont know how it called in englisch) and so we could modifidy that modul so it can do the job for me

would that be possible or can someone do that for me?
i have no clue how to hack or modify a modul, and i dont want to destroy my XOOPS so hopefully someone could do it for me would be really mega nice

if someone would/could help me,
i could make a admin account for that person on my website so the person can test the modul/hack/site directly on the site

thats no problem for my, hopefully someone can help me

hoverfly
  • 2004/1/30 18:37

• hoverfly

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/5/27

I have the same "prob", and waiting for someone's suggest.

Catzwolf
  • 2004/1/30 19:22

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Ok If I understand you correctly, you would like something like Metacat in WF-Sections? So in otherwords, if you create a category within News it will show in WF-Sections?

Correct?

svaha
  • 2004/1/30 20:17

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/8/2 2

Don't know about the others, but that's one thing I definitely want.

Login

Who's Online

115 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 115

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits