Mithrandir
Re: One Large Pitfall of Smarty

Quote:

RicoCali wrote:
Quote:

MithyT2 wrote:
It's still better than having an all-PHP file which won't show ANYTHING unless it is running on a webserver.

If you dynamically generate static html then that is the case. Not a productive paradigm. If you keep static html static and dynamically create content then that is the correct paradigm. You don't need Smarty to do that. But Smarty proves to be this correct paradigm. But I don't think its heaven to develop the presentation layer using Smarty because no one supports it (from an IDE). If anyone can give me any tips that they have learned to make their life easier with Smarty templates from the presentation layer stand point I would appreciate it.

From a presentation layer standpoint I think it is easier to use Smarty or some other template technology because you can make a page in pure HTML with dummy data and one line for each loop you are going to make. When that dummy template is done, you can see, how it looks and correct any HTML errors. Once that is done, all there is to make the proper template is to change the dummy data into smarty variables/loops and you are done.

The XOOPS way of having one master template and other templates included makes it even easier to get the right contents as you only have to focus on the main area and not worry about banner, headers, footers, sidebars etc.

YourHelp
  • 2004/1/5 12:09

• YourHelp

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/6/9 6

Jakobo! You turn me on! Great site right up my ally ill be visiting regulary..... would love you to take a peek at my website and give me some advice here and there.

swisslyons
  • 2004/1/8 19:14

• swisslyons

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/6/23

Hi peeps

Herko
  • 2004/1/8 19:59

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Quote:

swisslyons wrote:
Hi peeps

What are you doing here?? LOL Good to see you again my friend. Stay this time

Herko

Login

Who's Online

171 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 171

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits