MLimburg
Confuzzled over Timezones
  • 2004/1/5 4:43

• MLimburg

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/8 2

Hey folks, need some assistance.

Now, the server I run on is on the East Cost of the States ... so it's -5 GMT (and phpinfo() says as much) so I set as such in the general config area. I then set the default tiemzone for my location (Adelaide Australia which is +9.5) and made sure my account is set that way as well.

However, I'm looking at the Agenda-X module, and it's telling me it's still yesterday. Looks like something is borken here. Any ideas?

M

NitroFoO
Re: Confuzzled over Timezones
  • 2004/1/5 5:14

• NitroFoO

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2002/1/26

Did you set the defualt time zone in the General Settings
page (xoops admin)?

If that doesn't work, I'm not sure. I haven't dealt with the Agenda-X module much, and when I did it worked fine (my server is in the EST (-5 GMT) and so am I so it works out)..

I wonder if setting the server time zone would make a difference.

MLimburg
  • 2004/1/5 5:21

• MLimburg

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/8 2

Quote:

NitroFoO wrote:
Did you set the defualt time zone in the General Settings
page (xoops admin)?

As stated above, yes I did. I'll add in a simple block with the current 'user altered' time and see what happens, but it should work itself out.

Are there folks out there with different timezones over server to user location?

CBlue

I put server timezone as mine and the default as (GMT) and then set my user account's default to the same as the server because it's already my timezone. I've had no complaints from my users about the time not being right for them and my users are located all over the world.

So try setting the default to just GMT.

Jakobo
  • 2004/1/5 7:32

• Jakobo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/18

I work with people from the Pacific US to Europe. To make sure everything was working, I asked my provider (who uses a cluster server) which server is responsible for timestamping and dating. While there are redundant data centers elsehwere in the US, the time is handed out by the server in the Atlantic US. I set the system wide time zone as such (System Admin -> General Settings -> [Server Timezone]), and then left [Default Timezone] to GMT. This has fixed most time issues on the site.

Login

Who's Online

120 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 120

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits