phreak
usage assistance
  • 2004/1/2 19:22

• phreak

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/2 1

Hi,

I'm completely new to XOOPS and I have to say the software looks really good.

I'm in the process of creating a new site and hoped to use XOOPS for it. To get what I want however requires a few changes to Xoops. I'm no hotshot when it comes to PHP so I'm hoping you kind people can help me out a bit.

I want my users to be able to post poems and short stories to my site and for a selection of headlines for these to be viewable from the homepage (with links to the main).

I've had a look at the software and think that the news section might be ok for this? I also think the 'sections' section could do the job although I couldn't work out how to have sub-sections within top level sections (poems-love poems/happy poems etc.). Am I wrong and if not which would serve the purpose best.

It would be great if people could rate/comment each submission as well and that obviously appropriate headings/titles could be given to each section.

I'd also like a brief introductory paragraph, similar to the one on this site, on the home page. What module would this be in?

Thanks for your help and congrats on a great product.

Herko
Re: usage assistance
  • 2004/1/2 19:27

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

I think the wf-sections module is the best choice for you. You can find it by clicking on this link.

Herko

Login

Who's Online

1016 user(s) are online (232 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 1016

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits