mikesmin
Problem solved! - Warning: Cannot modify header inf
  • 2003/12/30 21:30

• mikesmin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/10

I am getting this message when I try to access my site using www.closetojesus.org. I don't get it when using www.closetojesus.org/modules/news/.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mthieme/public_html/mainfile.php:67) in /home/mthieme/public_html/index.php on line 34

When I go to www.closetojesus.org/modules/news/ my site displays fine. When I go to log in, I get the same error message.

Thanks, Mike

Herko
Re: Warning: Cannot modify header inf
  • 2003/12/30 21:37

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

This is just a warning. Turn off php-debug on your live site, and your site will work fine.

Herko

mikesmin
  • 2003/12/30 22:07

• mikesmin

• Just popping in

When I turn off debugging, I get a blank page. That is why I turned on the debugging in the first place. Can anyone help me with what causes the blank page?

CBlue

There is something wrong with your index.php file. Try reuploading a fresh copy (not overwriting) and see if that fixes your problem.

mikesmin
  • 2003/12/31 15:14

• mikesmin

• Just popping in

I uploaded a fresh copy of index.php. I still get the same error message. Here is the code in question as indicated by the error message.

if ( isset($xoopsConfig['startpage']) && $xoopsConfig['startpage'] != "" && $xoopsConfig['startpage'] != "--" ) {
header("Location: modules/".$xoopsConfig['startpage']."/");
exit();
} else {
$xoopsOption['show_rblock'] =1;
include("header.php");
make_cblock(); //create center block
include("footer.php");
}

I almost expect it is a problem with permissions. Is there something that gets updated in this code that I should check the permissions on? The reason I ask this is that I started having this problem after a site restore from backup. I needed to go through and setup permissions just like a scratch installation. Since my site displays for anonymous users and gives a blank page when I log in, I thought it might have something to do with permissions.

I am also curious where $xoopsConfig is defined.

CBlue

The reason I said that the problem is your main index page is because you can go to your modules' index pages with no problem, but not your main index.php. So it seems to me at least, that the problem lies with your root index.php or else your common.php. Maybe someone here can point out a solution for you.

mikesmin
  • 2003/12/31 18:51

• mikesmin

• Just popping in

Thank you CBlue for being persistent. I found the problem in common.php. There were several CRLF characters at the end of the file. I deleted those and everything works now. You were right!

Thank you very much for all your help!

Mike

CBlue

I'm glad you found the problem and it could be fixed, Mike! Have a Happy New Year!

dp1964
  • 2004/2/24 11:42

• dp1964

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/15

I am getting this info when I begin the installation.

Quote:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\inetpub\wwwroot\vidarbhatimes.com\www\pages\install\language\english\install.php:1) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\vidarbhatimes.com\www\pages\install\index.php on line 99

After that every button shows as "INSTALL_??" something like that. Also cannot complete the installation as I cannot see the buttons but only "INSTALL_??"

Thanks for your help.

Login

Who's Online

125 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 125

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits