shivaji
how to use different META tags for different module ?
  • 2003/12/25 7:31

• shivaji

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/18

I want different META tags information, like title, description, author, keywords for different module.

Say for "Forum" I want TITLE tags like "Best ecommerce Forum" and for Home Page, "123 e-commerce resources". Is it possible ?

Now all my Web Pages are taking the same META tag information and which is basdically a wrap of theme.html under "theme" folder.

Please help .

shivaji
Re: how to use different META tags for different module ?
  • 2003/12/25 17:13

• shivaji

• Friend of XOOPS

anyone here to help ?

DonXoop

I don't know if you can easily do everything you ask but if you look in the theme.html file you can see where they are controlled. You could replace some variables with others that reflect the module being viewed.

Example is if you placed $xoops_pagetitle in place of $xoops_meta_description you would get the current module description.

hsalazar
  • 2003/12/25 21:44

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

shivaji:

I'm not sure if it can be done, but if it could, it would partially beat the purpose of having a shell to display modules. Why? Because the theme.html file not only resides in its theme folder, it's also saved in the database to shorten the response time. So you'd need to clear the cache in every change of module.

The META tags were meant, in my opinion, to define the nature of a site, not the nature of a content channel. This would be perhaps too much to ask.

On the other hand, perhaps you could persuade the developers to think in a universal solution, sometehing like the commenting system, although at the moment I can't think of how to do it.

Cheers.

shivaji
  • 2003/12/26 17:31

• shivaji

• Friend of XOOPS

Dear Donxoops / hsalazar:

Thanks. Let me exlain you my purpose in little more detail. I am not worried about giving TITLE information to all pages, because TITLE tage somehow takes name of the Module as a first word of TITLE tag. My point is how to give proper META tag information for all modules and not only TITLE tags. It is something like e-xoops module called meta-generator.

My post is properly explained in good english by "CarNuke" in his posthttps://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=14937&forum=10

Quote:

carnuke wrote:
Using URL rewrite and meta tagging pages like this would have a dramatic effect on search engine optimisation and subsequent page rankings.

Some users will not find this useful or interesting, but commercial and information based sites would have a huge benifit. We all like a popular website, but we can't avoid the fact that search engine 'visibility' is an important factor in getting visitors. I would be interested if anyone has any thoughts on this.

Please note: XOOPS sites are already being indexed by the likes of GOOGLE and some other Db.friendly spiders. This post is about optimisation, maximum visibility and expanding the field of search engines indexing.

Richard

My Reply:

I was reading your post with interest. I also read few post likehttps://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=13505&forum=3 andhttps://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=9587&forum=7

but my question is that all the post related to friendly URL's but not specific to giving META information for individual modules. like description, keywords...etc.

I would like to know whether you found any more information on the SEO , maximum visibility and expanding the field of search engines indexing? the reason for which you posted this topics ?

Login

Who's Online

191 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 191

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits