CBlue
Re: Donate problem

It's warm here, DonXoop! We wanted to be able to have a fire in the fireplace for Christmas but it would be odd now since you can wear short sleeves outside.

It was freezing cold here the other day and now it's like spring! Our weather here is unpredictable because we are on the coast and in the south of the US.

Yankees are people that live above Washington,D.C to us southerners.

Neon
  • 2003/12/24 20:26

• Neon

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/2/8 6

Just a note on the weather, I live in Queensland Australia and we are in the middle of a hot spell of 36 - 45Deg c. here at the moment, Christmas morning 5am and it's in the 30's already. I would love to see a white Christmas.

Cheers
Enjoy your Christmas and New Year and peace to everyone.

Neon

DonXoop

hehe, the weather is flipped from this side of the globe. But we're having a warm spell too, it was +5 C today and a bit warmer yesterday. All the lovely snow melted except for the mountain of shovel snow at the end of the driveway.

The temp is dropping and we're on the border of having snow or just cold.. I for one am hoping for snow. Last Xmas was great, very nice snow storm most of the day.

But +36 C and more?? I've never seen that kind of heat. +30 is a big story here in August and cause for alarm!

But it's all relative I suppose. The day care for my kids sends them outside unless the temp is < -20C or > +30C.

You're welcome to come visit and we can walk on the lake or something silly. Let it snow!

AAINC
  • 2003/12/24 23:37

• AAINC

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/10/18

Quote:

CBlue wrote:
Yankees are people that live above Washington,D.C to us southerners.

Yankees are those that live north of Orlando, Florida.

You should see it here SnowBirds everywhere, they do that when it gets cold north of Orlando, Florida.

Speaking of cold, if it drops to 70 degrees F, it is too chilly for me blood. Sweater and coat weather.
Happy Holidays all.

AAINC

P.S. It is still really weird to see christmas lights on the Palm Trees.
Santa must have wheels on his sleigh to land on our roofs.

DonXoop

I've heard there are two kinds of Yankees down south:
1. Yankees, folks that come to visit when it's COLD.
2. Damn Yankees, folks that don't go back home.

Similar joke in Canada but slightly different:
1. Yankees, folks that come to visit when it's too HOT.
2. Damn Yankees, folks that don't go back home.

Much of the rest of the world lump all U.S. folken as Yankees. No offence! And to some people it is all norteamericanos, that includes Canada, oh my!

I think the number is around 1-5% of all Canadians are in Florida at any one time. And they be a flocking right now! Duck your heads!

Thousands of geese got spoiled with hand feeding and now stay here on the ice instead of flying south. But thousands of people fly south at the same time. Just me, Nanook, and bird poo left up here.

Here is a popular sport when it gets really cold. You drive out on the ice for about 5kms dragging a little wooden hut. You stop, stoke up the stove, cut a hole in the ice, pretend to fish, and then

CBlue

True southerners don't consider Florida a southern state.

inferno
  • 2003/12/25 9:56

• inferno

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/13

and in merry old england it's about to rain

Login

Who's Online

104 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 104

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits