Dave_L
Re: is this fake or did i end up some posting list unwanted?
  • 2003/12/23 4:35

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

I'm still receiving some emails that are evidently replies to the original email. I've received a total of about 10.

CBlue

This almost sounds like a virus to me. Before when I was receiving emails that had viruses in them, I would get replies from all kinds of people that I know, yet they didn't send them. Luckily, my antivirus software protects me from those kinds of emails.

Anonymous
  • 2003/12/23 4:50

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hi Cblue

Though your correct in your explanation about some viruses. This bouncing email is almost certainly not a virus, but as the explanation above by defel is most likley the reason, an accidentally left open mail list.

Cheers

Serge

CBlue

But why didn't all xoops.org members receive this email? I have receive email from XOOPS checked in my profile.

Anonymous
  • 2003/12/23 5:20

• Anonymous

• Since:

Good question!!

I will take stab at the answer. There are I think mentioned elswhere on the site something like 11 thousand community members, if all have 'receive mail' checked then this will take a while to mail out, but the bounce backs will start immmediatly, and on a open list go out again immediatly, slowing the whole process down.

When the chaps in charge found out what was happening they most likley killed the whole mailing. Whats left is a ton of bounce mails still flying around, though in my case dramatically reduced from earlier levels. SO in short perhaps the process was killed before it got to mailing you and others.

Cheers

Serge

CBlue

Thanks Serge! I'm sure you're right! Lucky me, huh?

freemem
  • 2003/12/23 10:49

• freemem

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/1/27

dooh i still get the messages all the time, is there way to stop these? sad thing is i used important email account and not a spam box when i registered here :(

freemem
  • 2003/12/23 10:54

• freemem

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/1/27

Quote:
if all have 'receive mail' checked then this will take a while to mail out,

Thing is, i did not have 'receive mail' checked and i think i wasnt only one who denied spam but gets it.

Herko
  • 2003/12/23 11:00

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

I apologise for the messages that were sent as a result of the one-time-only x-mas email. It was my error. The problem has been fixed now, but some mails may still be floating around. In total, 12 e-mails were sent to a part of the list (not all), and again, I sincerely apologise for that.

Herko

Anonymous
  • 2003/12/23 11:04

• Anonymous

• Since:

Yes it would appear from within this thread

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=14987&forum=11&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&start=20

Hi Herko you beat me to it

Cheers

Login

Who's Online

164 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 164

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits