mbennett
I want to use XOOPS
  • 2003/12/21 16:03

• mbennett

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/21

Its prettier than the "nukes" But I have a question. I need to add some custom pages and the primary function of XOOPs will be for the login system. I need to make it so people can come in and change info that is in a seperate database and update it to where it needs to be so its shown live on another part of the site.

wtravel
Re: I want to use XOOPS

Why do you want it to be in a different database? It is much easier to use the same database.

Regards,

Martijn

mbennett
  • 2003/12/21 16:16

• mbennett

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/21

well if i can have it in the same database that we be ideal.

What i am doing is making a database of WISPs where they can come in and add their service area and other company information.

Then there is the consumer part of the site where consumers can come in and search the database.

The main function of XOOPs will be the login function as I said previously

Quote:

wtravel wrote:
Why do you want it to be in a different database? It is much easier to use the same database.

Regards,

Martijn

wtravel

It will definetely be a good idea then to integrate it. You can make the WISP section as a module. You can use the functions in XOOPS to handle the authentication at the same time. For example you can create a user group called 'wisp', which you give the right to add pages and then based on the userID and authentification check edit their own pages.

I think you will be able to find enough support from the XOOPS community when you need help with the integration.

It will take you some investment of time but the result will be rewarding when you finished.

Martijn

Login

Who's Online

868 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 868

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits