wcrwcr
Two newbie questions
  • 2003/12/20 16:36

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

Hi all!!

1) Wel i?m running my first XOOPS installation and wish to start with the news module displayed in my home.

I don?t want that the users of any level(excepts. for the admin) coments, posts or interact with the news.

So, I went to admin and disabled all of those functions but in the bottom of the tables in which the news are displayed I still see the "coment" link. When I click on It , the print and mail icons shows up. There is a way to disable the "coment" link?

IF not >> there is a way to start with the print and email icons showed?

2) How can I use the modules language folder within modules?
I?ve dowloaded WFSNIPETTS and It came with 3 dif. languages folders(english by default) but I don?t know how to activate the languages.

Thanks in advance,
Wilson

hsalazar
Re: Two newbie questions
  • 2003/12/20 21:11

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

wcrwcr:

If the deactivation of comments doesn't work, you can still comment out that part from your templates. For instance, if you don't want to show the comments block in a story, just edit news_article.html and delete (or comment out) the line:
Quote:

<{$commentsnav}>

As to the languages, in the admin section your define THE language of your site. Presently there's no official multilanguage support in XOOPS. Of course there's a way around this. Look in this same place for the multilanguage version of XOOPS I uploaded a while ago.

Cheers.

wcrwcr
  • 2003/12/20 21:31

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

Thanks hsalazar

Quote:

hsalazar wrote:
wcrwcr:

If the deactivation of comments doesn't work, you can still comment out that part from your templates. For instance, if you don't want to show the comments block in a story, just edit news_article.html and delete (or comment out) the line:
[quote]
<{$commentsnav}>

The deactivation is almost all working pretty well, excepts for the link "Coment" that remains on the bottom of the table.

Quote:

hsalazar wrote:

As to the languages, in the admin section your define THE language of your site.

The overall language is working ok. Excepts for the wfsnipets module, which came with 3 differents language folders and I?m not finding the way of changing the language of this specific module

I hope you understand my broken english

hsalazar
  • 2003/12/20 21:39

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

wcrwcr:

The template alternative I suggested is a definitive way to make the the comments table vanish from your output.

In general, XOOPS works by reading the language constants from the folder selected in the configuration parameter. So, for instance, if you have your site in swahili, you need to have folders called swahili for every module in the site. Ifthey're not there, usually XOOPS will resort to displaying the english constant files --that is, unles you've deleted these folders.

Cheers.

wcrwcr
  • 2003/12/20 22:25

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

Well

I coment out the line that you mentioned above , but the word
"Coment" persists.

Trying to enlight a bit:

The very "umpolite" link "Coment" is pointing to

http://localhost/html/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1

in my local installation.

hsalazar
  • 2003/12/20 22:30

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

wcrwcr:

Well, I forgot to remind you there's more to changing a template than just editing a file.

For instance, if you edited the physical file directly, you still have the old template in the database. This means for any change in the templates to be seen in your site, you need to use the template manager (go to Admin > Templates and choose the template to edit there).

Also, remember you can't edit the default template set. If you're using it, you need to clone it first, then to make the clone the active template set and then make the edition in the specific template needed.

And to top it off, XOOPS saves cached copies of the pages in the folder template_c, so you need to delete the files in that folder so the next refresh regenerates the templates again.

Cheers.

Login

Who's Online

907 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 907

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits